Hi guys, I just got my z10 today! Very very happy!
    A friend of mine that works on IBM told me this: do you think a business that lost 1.3billion could survive? Never in entire history!
    What should I say?

BBlover!

Posted via CB10
    02-24-14 08:21 PM
    Enjoy your new BlackBerry it's wonderful.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-14 08:22 PM
    You shouldn't have to defend a cell phone choice to begin with? But bottom line is how long do people keep phones these days, a year...2 years, and with new programs you can swap easily. live in the now and enjoy your Z10. If something catastrophic happen to BlackBerry it's years away and you'd get a different phone, big deal. Tell your friend to bother somebody else.

Posted via my BlackBerry Q10 or Z30 on VZW from Philly
    Laura Knotek and CDM76 like this.
    02-24-14 08:31 PM
    A friend of mine that works on IBM told me this: do you think a business that lost 1.3billion could survive? Never in entire history!
    What should I say?
    LOL. You could tell him "Are you kidding? BB has lost $5.4 billion in the last two quarters alone, and they are still around. Barely." $1.3B is nothing by BB's standards.
    CDM76 and Deathcommand like this.
    02-24-14 08:31 PM
    Love this forum! It's all about being a BBlover!

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    02-24-14 08:40 PM
    Lol. They didn't really lose that much money.

Most of it was a depreciation of assets, because they had their properties reappraised in preparation for the sale of them.

Another large chunk of the "loss" was a write down of unsold phones (which they still possess and can sell for future profit)

Both of these are to cut the losses, receive large tax credits and set themselves up for the future. Wall Street seemed excited, hence the run of the stock price.

Tell your friend to do some research and not get his information from BGR.
    CDM76 and Jrox74 like this.
    02-24-14 08:50 PM
    Because he wants to bash your phone right away I would ask him if his phone can run BB10 apps when he says "no" I would tell him"oh mine can run BB10 apps and and android apps" then I would ask him "does your phone have a hub" he would again say "no" and i would say "oh my phone has a hub" I would then proceed to ask him "does your phone have a button or buttons" he would most likely say "yes" I would then tell him "oh that's weird mine doesn't"

Or fill it in with your reasons for liking the phone but Bottom line is if you're happy with your phone your good... because BlackBerry isn't going anywhere anytime soon imo and if they do well I'm still going to get a Z30 and the new Jakarta/Z3 and the next full touch device (I'm not a big fan of the keyboard but I like to play with new phones) that is hopefully coming out this summer, sounds like BlackBerry is coming out with more devices... right? so ask him if BlackBerry "is not going to survive" then why are they making more phones... or what about Ford just making a deal to switch there in car system to QNX isn't that more money for BlackBerry...I would think BlackBerry is making something off that deal, but I don't know a lot about that

Posted via CB10
    02-24-14 09:07 PM
    Tell your friend to take a basic accounting class at their local community college -- assuming that they're smart enough to get in which, frankly, sounds like a stretch.
    CDM76 likes this.
    02-24-14 09:08 PM
    Enjoy your great smart phone! It is a BlackBerry!
    Welcome new user.
    02-24-14 09:12 PM
    BlackBerry sucks but the make freaken great phone!

Posted via CB10
    02-24-14 09:15 PM
    If you like New BlackBerry, enjoy it and hang out with the Crackberry crowd. Start your BBM Channel and let's have some BlackBerry fun!!!

BBM Channel C00124367 Everything Music...

Z10 (STL 100-3) Superphone with vitamin 10.2.1.1925
    02-24-14 09:28 PM
    Welcome and enjoy your Z10. There's no experience like the BB10 experience.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-14 09:47 PM
    You know, the best one liner response you could (in a very snarky way) is just to tell him..

"You know, IBM used to be a powerhouse. But they've gone so low, that they had to grovel at Lenovo's foot to beg them to buy their laptop division".

That is if you want to be snarky. Not good for friendships.

By the way, welcome and enjoy BlackBerry 10.

have you upgraded to 10.2.1 yet?
    02-24-14 11:02 PM
    What should I say?

BBlover!

Posted via CB10
    Ask him if he ever heard of Apple. In the mid 1990's they lost somewhere around 780 million, with the rate of inflation that wouldn't be to far from his 1.3 billion he's talking about.

Then give him a few of these:

* Fortune, 2/19/1996: �By the time you read this story, the quirky cult company�will end its wild ride as an independent enterprise.�

* Time Magazine, 2/5/96: �One day Apple was a major technology company with assets to make any self respecting techno-conglomerate salivate. The next day Apple was a chaotic mess without a strategic vision and certainly no future.�

* BusinessWeek, 10/16/95: �Having underforecast demand, the company has a $1 billion-plus order backlog�.The only alternative: to merge with a company with the marketing and financial clout to help Apple survive the switch to a software-based company. The most likely candidate, many think, is IBM Corp.�

* A Forrester Research analyst, 1/25/96 (quoted in, of all places, The New York Times): �Whether they stand alone or are acquired, Apple as we know it is cooked. It�s so classic. It�s so sad.�

* Nathan Myhrvold (Microsoft�s chief technology officer, 6/97: �The NeXT purchase is too little too late. Apple is already dead.�

* Wired, �101 Ways to Save Apple,� 6/97: �1. Admit it. You�re out of the hardware game.�

Then tell him to pound sand.
    02-24-14 11:27 PM
    I usually ask them "What do u know about BB10 and QNX?". And when they give u a blank look, I tell them to go research.

Zed 10 with 1925 leak
    02-25-14 09:45 AM
    I'm loving you guys here!
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I'm really excited about my new phone
    So far this it being so helpful to me.

I'm on Verizon network running 10.2.1.1925, already downloaded the snap application and loving every minute of it.

Thanks again. I'm going to keep reading this posts.

#bblover
    Add me on BBM: 333E4623

Douglas

Posted via CB10
    02-25-14 12:36 PM