I am still seeing a lot of legacy BlackBerrys around town. As I'm typing this the guy next to me on the bus just did a battery pull on his Torch 9800...

This makes me want to ask every single one of them:

A question for all those with old BlackBerrys...-yunobb10.jpg

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 01:13 PM
    I waited until my contract was up before I got my Z10. I suspect others are doing the same.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 01:23 PM
    Lack of Money, Lack of Apps or Not so hip and original that everyone has one.

Probably those.

In Canada it's all those ball and chain 3year contracts.
    moody, Djlatino and Bobcat665 like this.
    08-09-13 01:26 PM
    I'm one, so I'll speak for myself.

My carrier, T-Mobile USA, is one of the few that supports WiFi calling. WFC hasn't been officially released for BB10 yet. Unofficially, there are BARs floating, and leaks that support it, but I prefer to wait for an official release.

Very specific case/scenario, but I'm sure others have such reasons too.
    BoldTeddy likes this.
    08-09-13 01:26 PM
    Many reason! BIS being a good one. Contracts being another
    08-09-13 01:27 PM
    I have BIS on my Q10, Please elaborate?
    08-09-13 01:29 PM
    If you were in the United States you wouldn't.
    08-09-13 01:35 PM
    no you dont, BIS is not needed with BB10
    IqWaN likes this.
    08-09-13 01:39 PM
    That was actually a plus for me when I wanted to switch to BB10, as BIS costs more for my plan type.
    08-09-13 01:48 PM
    It ain't broke , so not fixing...
    08-09-13 01:49 PM
    I have Sprint
    raino and mirren like this.
    08-09-13 01:53 PM
    Because I LOVE my legacy BB! Easy to speed dial, easy to hang up, trackpad, home screen shortcuts, lots more apps, ability to have a "home screen" without icons all over it, etc. It just works!
    Acidwire, xanadome, moody and 6 others like this.
    08-09-13 01:54 PM
    my upgrade isnt for a while and im currently on a smaller data plan so enjoying the data compression my bold offers, im hesitant to jump onto bb10 while its still lacking features and enjoying being able to look around at the other options coming out this year while i decide.
    08-09-13 01:57 PM
    Battery pulls and resets are still necessary on BB10 so there's that.
    akaquietstorm likes this.
    08-09-13 02:04 PM
    I just got the Q10. My husband has to wait until October. He's actually using my old 9900 since his died last week.
    08-09-13 02:04 PM
    Stuck on Contract until Feb 2014..we'll see what's BB10s are available then!
    Though it sucks....guy beside me on the plane has a Z10 and Porsche Design phone.
    Lady at the airport asked why I'm using such an old phone.
    Everyone I know with a BB has a Z10!
    The only benefit is the Bridge works..so I can use my big touchscreen Playbook..which lots of people ask about.
    Uncle Remus and FF22 like this.
    08-09-13 02:06 PM
    My 9900 is just coming up to its second birthday, so I'm still not quite in upgrade territory yet. [3-year contract]

NO DECENT BRIDGE CAPABILITIES ON BB10. Yes, I'm one of those sulky soreheaded Playbook users that feels betrayed by Blackberry's abandonment of the tablet platform. I reluctantly accept that the 2-year old hardware isn't up to supporting BB10, but I have heard no reason whatever for there being no updated Bridge app. I use my Bridged Playbook just about every day and I know I'm far from alone. Blackberry has s#!tcanned the _one thing_ that would seriously incline me to upgrade to BB10. When I finally need a new phone [and my 9900 has lasted about as long as I expect a cellphone to last] I will start with no preference for Blackberry, despite sticking with the platform for the last 7 years.
    08-09-13 02:11 PM
    my contract renewal isn't until Q1 of 2015.. From all accounts, the bridge between PB and BB10 has been crippled to the point of being useless and I don't have buckets of money sitting around to replace the two phones in our house with unlocked BB10 devices nor enough clout with my carrier to wave $600 (approx) worth of early upgrade and activation fees to then still shell out $350-400 for subsidised phones (on two more 3 year contracts no less)...
    08-09-13 02:17 PM
    I'm been off contract with my 8530 for 3 years now and am just waiting for blackberry to release a bb10 slider or for my phone to completely die before I upgrade whichever comes first. (I'm hoping the slider )
    08-09-13 02:20 PM
    My Bold is already perfect. Eight pushed email accounts including 2 gmail, 2 yahoo, outlook, aim, hotmail, and my very important @carrier.blackberry.net email account. I have Level 1 filters on all of them, and functionality is immediate with no "upgrading" to professional yahoo, etc. involved.
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    08-09-13 02:20 PM
    Battery pulls and resets are still necessary on BB10 so there's that.
    Not on mine.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 02:22 PM
    Contract for one. I'm due for renewal/upgrade in January 2014. The other being that NO ONE in my circle of iPhone/Android friends uses a BB for personal use or even uses BB. I once had a group of 8 or 9 friends who used BBs. Now I am the lone "survivor." One of my close friends has a Bold 9930, but uses it for work and apparently his law firm got the bad batch, so he's completely jaded over BB forever, particularly the Bold 9900 and can't wait for his firm to eventually adapt the iPhone. It's not always about the flash or pizazz, anyways. Besides, the Bold 99-- series are pretty sexy looking and unique. Haha. I don't go with the flow, I go with what works for me. And it's totally my choice to use BB.
    08-09-13 02:29 PM
    Also, the fact that I haven't had any of the issues that apparently plagued certain Bold 99-- series phones. Definitely a step up from my predecessor Bold 9650, which I had to re-boot or battery pull every other day....
    08-09-13 02:31 PM
    My dad and several other people I know or work with have BB10 phones (Q10 & Z10) and they have constant problems with them and receive little to no help from BlackBerry. The usual response is something like "Sorry, we haven't heard of this problem before. Try wiping your phone and reinstalling everything."
    08-09-13 02:33 PM
    Because I LOVE my legacy BB! Easy to speed dial, easy to hang up, trackpad, home screen shortcuts, lots more apps, ability to have a "home screen" without icons all over it, etc. It just works!
    Your right. I have a bb9810 and i dont want to let gooo.
    the keyboard is amazing. (I dont use the virtual one) and the trackpad is legendary blackberry and i love it.
    but the q10 is ugly and a small screen and the z10 has no trackpad and no slide out keyboard.
    The only way Ill runn to buy a bb10 is if it was a slider and had a trackpad
    & i reckon blackberrys dying
    I rekon the a10/z30 will the last bb phone we ever see
    08-09-13 02:34 PM
171 123 ...