Hey guys I have a few questions

I'm sure this has been asked before but i was unable to find a direct answer to my question. I'm receiving a Blackberry Curve 8320 as a replacement phone and i currently do not have a data plan nor intend on getting one phone bill is already to high, anyway i was wondering is there a way that i can still use the wifi in my school and home to surf the web without being charge? and how can i disable my blackberry from connecting to the internet when not in a free wifi area just trying to make sure my phone bill doesn't rise anymore.

On a sidenote is there an app that i can use to send Aim Instant Messages on my blackberry without using data and just plain Unlimited texting?

thanks in advance
    01-02-09 05:13 AM
    Yes! I just managed to get mine on the home wifi and will try a coffee shop hotspot later. I have a pay as you go sim on Orange, no data plan. I'm in UK but I got the device after reading about doing this elsewhere on forum about doing this. Really happy
    Don't know about your AIM question though.
    01-06-09 05:10 AM
    I think you can go to manage connections and just keep the wifi checked.
    01-06-09 11:57 AM
    Make sure "WiFi Preferred" is selected under the WiFi Connection Manager options.
    01-06-09 11:59 AM
    Download Opera Mini
    go into option > advanced options > 'select wifi preffered/hotspots'
    go into browser > options > browser properties > 'select Hotspots/Wifi'

if you have tmobile, call 611, ask them to transfer you to the blackberry department so you can speak to actualy english ppl. Ask for the Free Add-On for Voice Plan only Blackberry owners called Feature Enabler which should get your IM apps to work over WIFI connection.
    (TMobile automatically assumes that if you don't have a data plan you wont be able to use Tzones, IMs, MMS, other data applications that could be used via wifi)

I'm not having luck connecting to wifi anymore, was working last night perfectly oh well, dumb routers.

----Follow up update---
    I got my wifi to work, read more here
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/wif...sunset-137986/
    Last edited by mwolfe; 01-16-09 at 11:38 PM. Reason: Updated shiz
    01-16-09 10:53 PM
    Download Opera Mini
    go into option > advanced options > 'select wifi preffered/hotspots'
    go into browser > options > browser properties > 'select Hotspots/Wifi'

if you have tmobile, call 611, ask them to transfer you to the blackberry department so you can speak to actualy english ppl. Ask for the Free Add-On for Voice Plan only Blackberry owners called Feature Enabler which should get your IM apps to work over WIFI connection.
    (TMobile automatically assumes that if you don't have a data plan you wont be able to use Tzones, IMs, MMS, other data applications that could be used via wifi)

I'm not having luck connecting to wifi anymore, was working last night perfectly oh well, dumb routers.

how do you download opera? dont u need internet? or do we just use the WIFI from our house or something? or can u connect it to ur computer and send the file from ur computer to your BB assuming you downloaded the Program opera on your computer?
    01-29-09 05:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD