I just switched from Alltel to Verizon and my new phones will be here Monday. I had a number from a divested area being sold to ATN so I didnt get the auto switch to verizon. My question is this. If I backup my curve to my desktop manager, can I transfer my address book back to the Tour? Or will it transfer stuff that shouldnt be transfered that is specific to the curve? I dont want to manually enter 200 contacts, but I dont want to mess up my new phone either.

Thanks for any help
    Leasa
    09-12-09 09:02 PM
    When you get your new phone, use DM to do the device switch. It should be able to transfer your contacts with no problems.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-12-09 11:00 PM
    desktop manager will switch almost everything to your new device without screwing anything up. i just put my old 8320 info to my new 8900 and it even put my wifi access from work onto my new device, nothing whatsoever was screwed up
    very impressive
    09-12-09 11:15 PM
    if you dont have both devices just use the restore option in the DM, you dont have to use device switch wizard
    09-12-09 11:18 PM
    Yea the device switch wizard in DM will transfer contacts with no problems to your Tour!
    09-12-09 11:18 PM
    Awesome, thank you all sooo much! I backed up my curve a few minutes ago so it would be ready to go Monday when my Tour gets here. Then I can call Alltel and politely say "bite me"....
    09-12-09 11:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD