Hello folks,

I may be moving carriers so I would like someone to clarify my knowledge, please.

1. If I insert the new sim card and activate BIS, my e-mails will continue to be delivered normally including no interruptions to my BBM, is that correct?

2. What would happen to my rogers.com/bis account? And will my e-mails be automatically forwarded to the new carrier's BIS? Or do I have to delete them and add them again manually?

Thanks!
    05-16-11 08:45 PM
    When I moved to Rogers from bell I had to

Move register all my email addresses on my Rogers BIS
    Deregister all my email addresses off of Bell ( This didn't happen automatically, didn't discover that till I lent my phone to someone)

your [email protected] will be a dead email,
    spend the time to give anyone or any site that used that address a new email address
    05-16-11 08:57 PM
    Once you have the BB data plan provisioned with the new carrier and place your new carrier's SIM card in the device, you'll need to log into the new carrier's BIS and create a new account. Connect the device and once the pin is recognized you can set up your email. I don't believe that old emails will be forwarded but you have the option to save messages.

BBM should remain unchanged.
    05-16-11 09:01 PM
    Thank you.

My follow up question is then, if I deregister an e-mail and reregister it back, would it delete all the previous e-mails under that e-mail?

I did that once in my old 9000 and it deleted the whole thing, however, I think I tried it once in my 9780 and it just registered and I was able to use the previous e-mails in that folder, nothing was deleted.

Thankfully I don't have a @rogers account.
    05-16-11 09:02 PM
    Thank you.

My follow up question is then, if I deregister an e-mail and reregister it back, would it delete all the previous e-mails under that e-mail?

I did that once in my old 9000 and it deleted the whole thing, however, I think I tried it once in my 9780 and it just registered and I was able to use the previous e-mails in that folder, nothing was deleted.

Thankfully I don't have a @rogers account.
    Yes if you deregister an email that will probably delete all previous e-mails.
    05-17-11 10:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD