I have a question. For ringers I've put on a memory card, when I assign one, does the blackberry play it directly off the memory card or does it get cached in the phones internal memory?

And if it does play it off the memory card, how does it handle if the the memory card is removed.

Also have the same question about using a picture on the memory card as wallpaper.
    07-20-08 12:43 PM
    in my pearl, all my pics and ring tones are on my card, when ever i remove the card or plug my pearl into my computer thru USB. my call and wallpaper get switched to the default setting. After unplugging it my ringers go back to what I set them at. My wall pager stays at default. So that one pic I have saved to device memory.
    07-20-08 02:07 PM
    No, any media stored on your card is not "cached" through your phone. Likewise, if you remove the card, the media can no longer be utilized by the device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-08 02:17 PM
    No, any media stored on your card is not "cached" through your phone. Likewise, if you remove the card, the media can no longer be utilized by the device.

Jenay is correct once again. Is there a reason, you are taking the media card out?
    07-20-08 02:19 PM
    Jenay is correct once again. Is there a reason, you are taking the media card out?
    I think, perhaps, the OP is just curious. I can't imagine any reason to just randomly take the card out..??

07-20-08 02:24 PM
    I think, perhaps, the OP is just curious. I can't imagine any reason to just randomly take the card out..??

Yeah, I was just asking so that if there was a problem, we could try and fix it so they wouldn't have to take the card out. But thank you JJ.
    07-20-08 02:26 PM
    Thanks everyone. That clears that up. Last night I found a bunch of ringers that I put on the memory card on my GF's pearl and some were kind of large in size (about 500k). So I got to thinking that if I started using some of them as custom ringers on her phone that even though they were stored on the memory card if when assigned I had to be concerned about any internal memory getting used up.

Doesn't sound like I'll need to worry.

Is there a reason, you are taking the media card out?
    Have no plans to remove the card but just wondered what would happen in a scenario where the phone is setup to use alot of the media off the card and then it happened to become corrupted or something like that.
    07-20-08 02:28 PM
    Ahhhh. Understood.

07-20-08 02:29 PM
    How do you transfer them to the card from the device? Is the only way to do it via Desktop Mgr?
    07-22-08 06:53 PM
    Never mind, I found the answer to that one.
    07-23-08 01:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD