Greetings fellow Crackberroids,

My friend accidentally torn off the trackpad on his 9900. I am not sure how yet as I didn't see the damage.

He was asking me to look around for replacement.

Now, when I look on eBay, I found a few that are for less than $3s. However, my search was for "BlackBerry trackpad" - however, when I type the same and add 9900, the cheapest one I find is for $12. When comparing pictures, they both look identical.

My question is, is there a difference? Can I go ahead and purchase the cheap one for him? Would it work just fine or is there a reason why the 9900 trackpad is more expensive?

Thanks
    03-09-12 08:47 AM
    I would go with the 12 dollar one.

There is even a difference when you look at the secific parts.

For example, some 9650 trackpads won't work on other 9650 trackpads.
    There is a part number on the trackpad somewhere (It should be on the wire) Look that up for more security.
    jinxednuance likes this.
    03-09-12 09:48 AM
    parts on a whole will NOT be sold for the same price ....different sellers will have their own pricing on EBAY ..... the $12 one might not work, and the $3 one might. I think it's just what a seller deems to be a good price for his/her item. One person might have hundreds of them and decide to sell for 3bux each, while another might only have 10 and want to sell them for 10 bux a pop

Personally, i think either will work in the phone... well that's just MY opinion....from experience
    03-09-12 04:32 PM
    Thanks folks, appreciate it.
    03-10-12 06:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD