I have done some searching, but haven't found the specific answer I'm looking for.

I plan on getting my first BB when the 9630 is released on Verizon. I use two different gmail accounts (school and personal) and access them through IMAP on either my PC, my laptop, or my ipod.

Does the BIS email push service stay in sync with whatever other changes are made? For example, if I delete an email on my laptop, will it also be deleted on the blackberry?

Are there any limitations to the email push service that I should know about?

Thanks in advance for your help!
    03-22-09 10:58 PM
    I believe it does with the newest addition of BIS 2.6 which carriers are currently rolling out now. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
    03-22-09 11:02 PM
    i don not believe there are any limitations to push email at all
    and as for gmail accounts you can use the sync (wireless) to keep all your stuff up to date
    03-22-09 11:04 PM
    Is sync a feature of BIS, or just the normal syncing feature of IMAP?
    03-22-09 11:09 PM
    a feature for google apps
    03-22-09 11:21 PM
    This is a very interesting question. I don't have the answer, but I can tell you about my experiences.

Both my wife and I use hotmail. My wife has a Curve, I have a Storm. On my wife's curve it all stays in sync, when she views an email on the phone, it shows as viewed in her hotmail etc. With my storm it is the opposite, nothing shows as viewed on my hotmail, but if I delete something from mailbox and handheld it does delete in hotmail. Its kind of a weird system. I've played around with settings trying to fix this with no luck.

I've also noted that there is a 5-45 minute delay between an email arriving in my hotmail account and it arriving on my phone. This can be rather annoying, especially since my telus.blackberry.net address gets my messages instantly to the phone.

For those wondering, yes the delay is still there since the update to BIS 2.6, but it is somewhat less than before, most times it is closer to the 5 minutes than the 45 minutes now.
    03-22-09 11:37 PM
    I was having several issues with my gmail account today when I did the delete/re-add to complete the BIS 2.6 upgrade. Quite simply, Push email is still working like a dream. I have 3 email accts. Hotmail, Gmail and the BB account. I tested them several times tonight. From a different BlackBerry and from a friends Yahoo! Account on his PC. The emails are arriving on my phone in 30 seconds or less. Absolutely beautiful...

Chris

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-23-09 01:00 AM
    I have done some searching, but haven't found the specific answer I'm looking for.

I plan on getting my first BB when the 9630 is released on Verizon. I use two different gmail accounts (school and personal) and access them through IMAP on either my PC, my laptop, or my ipod.

Does the BIS email push service stay in sync with whatever other changes are made? For example, if I delete an email on my laptop, will it also be deleted on the blackberry?

Are there any limitations to the email push service that I should know about?

Thanks in advance for your help!
    You can read all about it here:

BIS 2.6 hath cometh : Boy Genius Report
    03-23-09 01:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD