I have downloaded all of my music and manually put them from laptop to the music folder either through mass storage or BlackBerry Blend. I rarely buy music, but recently a song came out that is stuck in my head and was wondering if there is a way to purchase the song directly from my BB10 that would then automatically go to the music folder? Maybe Amazon music?

I know music used to be in BlackBerry World, but now that it's not I don't want to purchase a song on the phone and for some reason not be able to download, listen to it, or add to the music folder. Would be a waste of a few bucks. I'm sure there has to be an easy way to purchase music directly on my BlackBerry. How is everyone getting their music? Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    05-10-15 10:17 AM
    In Canada. I use 7Digital and have also managed to download my music from the Google Play Store. I don't actually use the Google apps to get my music, I've downloaded from the browser (which can be cumbersome)

I would think if you can't find an app you like, a lot could be accomplished from the browser.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-15 10:22 AM
    In Canada. I use 7Digital and have also managed to download my music from the Google Play Store. I don't actually use the Google apps to get my music, I've downloaded from the browser (which can be cumbersome)

I would think if you can't find an app you like, a lot could be accomplished from the browser.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks, so once I download the song does it go to the music folder? If it goes to the download folder I'm assuming I can move the song to the music folder, but not sure if that's correct.

I remember hearing about 7digital when the music option vanished from BlackBerry World. Wish they would have just kept it in BBWorld as I remember the 7digital stock crashed when it was removed from BlackBerry World, but then 7digital came out and said they are still partnered with BlackBerry. Doesn't make much sense to me.

Guess I could download 7digital, get the song I want, and delete the app. I wanted to make sure the song would be in my music library with my other music and not tied to an app especially if I'm paying for it. Thanks for the feedback!

Posted via CB10
    05-10-15 10:56 AM
    I've been using Amazon Music since BlackBerry stopped selling tunes and have been very satisfied with all aspects of purchase. I actually find it easier than the old way of buying thru BlackBerry world. Available for all my devices anywhere I am.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-15 11:34 AM
    Thanks, so once I download the song does it go to the music folder? If it goes to the download folder I'm assuming I can move the song to the music folder, but not sure if that's correct.

I remember hearing about 7digital when the music option vanished from BlackBerry World. Wish they would have just kept it in BBWorld as I remember the 7digital stock crashed when it was removed from BlackBerry World, but then 7digital came out and said they are still partnered with BlackBerry. Doesn't make much sense to me.

Guess I could download 7digital, get the song I want, and delete the app. I wanted to make sure the song would be in my music library with my other music and not tied to an app especially if I'm paying for it. Thanks for the feedback!

Posted via CB10
    Mine goes in the music folder. But when you buy the song, it doesn't immediately download, you have to actually click the download button or it stays in the 7Digital cloud, or whatever it is. For awhile I was a bit baffled by where my music was and then realized I had not clicked the download button.

It's far from a perfect app, but it does work.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-15 12:11 PM
    Yeah, it was GREAT before and it more or less stinks now. I used to rent movies and buy music on BBWorld all the time. Now it's iTunes and waiting to buy music until I get home. It certainly isn't the end of the world, but I sure hope BlackBerry is saving some big bucks by this move. It's undoubtedly worse for their customers.

However, if moves like this inconvenience me a little but allow BlackBerry to keep coming out with great technology like the capacitive keyboard on the Passport and BlackBerry Blend, I think it's worth the tradeoff.
    05-10-15 08:05 PM
    Thanks for the feedback, appreciate it. Will either download 7digital or just buy from Amazon as both seem to work fine. Thanks for the tip regarding downloading from 7digital. I do have a Prime account I can use for music though so not sure which one I'll use. Good to know there are options though.

I agree that it was nice when we had music and movies in BlackBerry World. It is a slight inconvenience for me since I usually don't purchase music often, but if the option was there in BlackBerry World I would likely purchase more. Guess it's saving me money lol. I'm sure BlackBerry weighed the pros/cons in their decision just wasn't sure how to get music directly on my BlackBerry into my music library.

Thanks again!

Posted via CB10
    05-10-15 11:52 PM