- CrackBerry Newbie
- 1 Posts
A question about PIN's
Hey guys! Really wasn't sure where to put this and it may seem like a VERY generic and easy question to answer but I really do need it answered..
My current BlackBerry device is down for the count with a nasty LCD problem, and my friend has a spare phone he hasn't used in a while that's unlocked.. If I'm to slap my sim card in there, will I get his old PIN or a new PIN? It doesn't matter to me either way, I'm just hoping to be assured by someone that I'll indeed have a working BBM on this device.
- 11-21-2012, 01:25 PM #2
You will get the PIN that is assigned to the phone, which will unfortunately be his old PIN. As for it working, that depends on if RIM has blacklisted the PIN for any reason. Normally only happens with stolen phones. Aside from that, there is no reason why BBM would not work on the new device. If your current phone still works, I'd recommend connecting it to BB DM and doing a backup of it. That way you can either do a restore of info onto the new phone or a device switch onto the new phone. This will transfer all of your contacts, messages and settings to the new device. I've always done a device switch through DM without any issues.Don't take Life so seriously, you'll never get out alive
- By BBRC2 in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 9Last Post: 07-07-2008, 11:52 PM
- By kkrueger in forum AT&TReplies: 4Last Post: 05-23-2008, 12:32 AM
- By ShortStop51001 in forum IntroductionsReplies: 19Last Post: 04-27-2008, 10:54 PM
- By MissDarkSkinDiva in forum SprintReplies: 6Last Post: 04-18-2008, 01:06 PM
- By crackvegas78 in forum Discover BBM FriendsReplies: 2Last Post: 02-17-2008, 06:10 PM