If I upgrade my phone, I get a new pin? Do I have to re-add everyone back? Or does the pin tie in with your sim card?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-28-09 07:16 AM
    The pin is linked to the blackberry itself.
    05-28-09 07:43 AM
    You will get a new pin, but you can use device switch wizard through DM and it will update all your BBM buddies with the new pin and you wont have to readd them.
    05-28-09 07:46 AM
    Yep, these two got it, as soon as your new phone boots up after the transfer of data including BBM contacts. The contacts will all get a new request automatically.

05-28-09 07:57 AM
    Yep, these two got it, as soon as your new phone boots up after the transfer of data including BBM contacts. The contacts will all get a new request automatically.

it wont even re-request them. if you dont tell them they will never know. It will just update your contact info on their end with the new pin!
    05-28-09 08:02 AM
    You will get a new pin, but you can use device switch wizard through DM and it will update all your BBM buddies with the new pin and you wont have to readd them.
    I learned that the hard way each time I got a new BB I sent my pin to all of my buddies, they were asking me what was going on. After the third time around one of my friends said you can go to the DM and it will take care of the problem for you. If you don't have many PIN contacts then I suppose it wouldn't be that much of an inconvenience.
    05-28-09 08:08 AM
    it wont even re-request them. if you dont tell them they will never know. It will just update your contact info on their end with the new pin!
    Really, that's good because I swap phones every 4 months.

05-28-09 08:34 AM
    And this is when I get mad @ RIM for not having a DM for Macs.

Yes I know I can download Windoooze but why on earth would I do that?
    Sadly yes my Mac is more important than my BB.

Macbook > BB
    05-28-09 08:37 AM
    Thanks guys

05-28-09 09:14 AM
    And this is when I get mad @ RIM for not having a DM for Macs.

Yes I know I can download Windoooze but why on earth would I do that?
    Sadly yes my Mac is more important than my BB.

Macbook > BB
    i would have to agree with you on this one amb!
    05-28-09 09:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD