Sorry if this has already been brought up (looked around and couldn't really find what I was looking for)

I'm with AT&T (yes, I know, boo boo). Anyway, I just got a 9700 and trying to move my stuff from my pearl. I got I'm supposed to use device switch and I plug in my old phone first and then follow the steps to transfer all my stuff. My question is do I leave my SIM chip in the old device when I plug it in, then remove it and put it in my new one when I plug that in? Or do I just wait until everything is done before moving the SIM card? Or does it not matter at all?

Any help would be appreciated thanks~
    05-24-10 11:10 AM
    It does not matter at all with respect to the Device Switch Wizard.

Incidentally, as a former Pearl user, you made one heck of a choice Enjoy
    05-24-10 11:27 AM
    Thanks for the answer; am ready to get things started!

Funny thing about the pearl: I wasn't even looking for a new BB. I loved my pearl! But, surprise surprise, the trackball broke. I probably skipped a few steps going straight from pearl to a 9700 Bold! I'm sure I'll be lost for a few days but the 20 hours I've had it so far have been great
    05-24-10 12:01 PM
    Another quick question if I can bother you about it...

I just used the device switch and then I went into remove/add apps to take out stuff I don't need. When I connected my pearl to it it would show up with all the apps I could remove from my phone (like themes or games etc) but when I went into it with my bold all that showed up was Facebook. I used my old DM from last year, does that make a difference? Do you know why none of the apps show up? Also, none of the games and apps are on my new phone...
    05-24-10 12:16 PM
    The only things that may take getting used to is the trackpad and the keyboard
    but honestly you should be cooking with gas in no time

As far as skipping steps, don't think of it that way. You skipped the incremental
    upgrade and went for the cream of the crop. Can't fault you there.
    05-24-10 12:16 PM
    It seems to me that you have not installed the OS for your device onto your
    computer so DM has nothing to point to.

AT&T BlackBerry Software
    05-24-10 12:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD