Good morning all. I'm new to this Board and I'm hoping I can get some questions answered. I'm seriously considering the BB Curve 8330 on Verizon Wireless, using a BIS. I will be using this as my personal phone and will be using it to keep in touch with my Outlook at work. My set up is Outlook 2007 through an Exchange Server with OWA. I don't think I have any real questions about email as I'm sure my work email will be pushed directly to the device.

My question deals with my outlook calendar since I know I will have to manually sync since I am using a BIS and not BES:

When doing a manual sync using the Desktop Manager, how does it know which way to reconcile? In other words, say I have an appt on my desktop calendar that shows up on my BB. I than delete that appt from my BB. I than connect the BB to my desktop and manually sync. Will the reconciliation add that appt back onto my BB or will it correctly delete from my desktop calendar?
    I guess it could be the other way as well. I add an appt on my BB that's not on my desktop yet. Will a reconciliation add the appt to the desktop or delete it from my BB? Is the reconciliation time sensitive? Is it a one way reconciliation? BB to Desktop or vice versa? or does it reconcile based on time and date things are added, deleted or updated? I'm not following how it knows what to update when simce it is not doing a "real time" sync over the air.

Thank you all in advance for any information.
    07-04-08 06:41 AM
    When you sync the device with the DM on your pc, it will make the changes to both for anything you have changed, added or deleted on the device or in Outlook from the last time you did the sync.
    You can also do a one way sync if you want, either from the device to Outlook or vice-virsa.
    07-04-08 08:05 AM
    Resurecting this thread.

I have Curve 8330, personal device. My employer has BES, but I do not have access (won't pay fee out of pocket). I have Outlook 2003 for work machine. I am not permitted to put DM on work machine. So, can I sync calendar OTA or through OWA? If so, how? If not, any solutions?
    09-03-09 09:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD