i recently canceled my phone from verizon and i was woundering if once canceled if the esn is cleared. anyone here know how that works?

meaning can it be sold?
    Last edited by xblack5dahliax; 06-13-09 at 11:08 PM.
    06-13-09 10:55 PM
    If you canceled it, it can be sold just do a factory reset and u might want to call Verizon and make sure they released your pin so that who ever activates it doesnt recieve your emails
    06-13-09 11:37 PM
    okay thank you!!!
    06-13-09 11:44 PM
    Even if you cancelled the service, if you have an outstanding bill the esn will not be cleared. If your bill is paid and you have settled the cancelation fee's then the esn will be cleared to resell or do what you want with it. I used to be an indirect agent and dealt with this quite a bit. If there is the balance the esn will be locked untill it is paid just as if you had reported the phone stolen and verizon hotlisted the esn.
    06-13-09 11:50 PM
    Even if you cancelled the service, if you have an outstanding bill the esn will not be cleared. If your bill is paid and you have settled the cancelation fee's then the esn will be cleared to resell or do what you want with it. I used to be an indirect agent and dealt with this quite a bit. If there is the balance the esn will be locked untill it is paid just as if you had reported the phone stolen and verizon hotlisted the esn.
    makes sence to me thanks for the help! i was just asking this as selling 2 storms would really cover the charges for early termination fees. but ill manage it.
    06-14-09 01:40 AM
    I think the easiest way to cover the early term fee's if you haven't cancelled yet would be to drop the two storms from the numbers they are on. Put two phones that don't have data on them. Then go ahead turn around and cancell with the other phones on the account that way the storms aren't locked. There is the possibility that verizon can miss locking the esn's. It's not always the case and you might be able to get away with selling them. I would advise before listing the phones to call a vzw store, ask to speak to a tech. Then ask if they can search an esn for you. I have it done any time I'm looking to sell a phone and it's not because I used to be an indirect. A vzw tech at a local store can easily research the esn and make sure it is clear for you.
    06-14-09 04:39 AM
    I think the easiest way to cover the early term fee's if you haven't cancelled yet would be to drop the two storms from the numbers they are on. Put two phones that don't have data on them. Then go ahead turn around and cancell with the other phones on the account that way the storms aren't locked. There is the possibility that verizon can miss locking the esn's. It's not always the case and you might be able to get away with selling them. I would advise before listing the phones to call a vzw store, ask to speak to a tech. Then ask if they can search an esn for you. I have it done any time I'm looking to sell a phone and it's not because I used to be an indirect. A vzw tech at a local store can easily research the esn and make sure it is clear for you.
    okay thank you! id hate to send someones hopes up on a phone to turn around and find the esn is locked.
    06-14-09 01:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD