I have AT&T and according to the customer service rep, we have "good to moderate" coverage in my area. Which means that my cell phone will not have any bars at all in much of my own home.

My friend who has a Verizon phone says there is a way to UPDATE your cell tower by pushing a few numbers on your cell phone.

Has anyone else heard of this? Is my friend a lunatic? Will I finally be able to get a phone call on my cell phone while I am cooking supper?

Please help if you can!

Thanks!

Anne
    09-08-08 05:40 PM
    Your friend is referring to the *228 feature which updates vzw phones. I don't believe this is a feature available to att customers.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-08-08 05:44 PM
    I tried That on my phone and it said dl software then said sucess and I noticed my browser is somewhat faster now. Iam with cell south.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-08-08 06:42 PM
    I have AT&T and according to the customer service rep, we have "good to moderate" coverage in my area. Which means that my cell phone will not have any bars at all in much of my own home.

My friend who has a Verizon phone says there is a way to UPDATE your cell tower by pushing a few numbers on your cell phone.

Has anyone else heard of this? Is my friend a lunatic? Will I finally be able to get a phone call on my cell phone while I am cooking supper?

Please help if you can!

Thanks!

Anne
    ATT has the GSM network and VZW utilizes CDMA. On CDMA, you can do a roaming profile update by dialing the 228 cominbation. However, the roaming profile is updated AUTOMATICALLY on US GSM networks.
    09-08-08 07:43 PM
    ATT coverage in my neck of the wooods in Indiana is poor at best and 2 counties to the northeast hve no coverage at all with ATT VWZ has the best coverage in Indiana or thats what i have seen in my travels around the state , if my phones have no bars showing i have NO coverage at all
    09-08-08 07:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD