Maybe this is a dumb question, but I am wondering about BlackBerry IDs.

Do they have to be unique for each device, or can you use the same email address on multiple devices?

Thanks.
    12-26-11 05:59 PM
    You can have up to 15 "Device Changes" (PINs) in a year per Blackberry ID
    12-26-11 06:05 PM
    You can have up to 15 "Device Changes" (PINs) in a year per Blackberry ID
    No I mean that if I try to use the same email address on 2 devices, when I log into App World on the second one, I'm prompted with a message that a new PIN has been detected, do I wish to switch to this device. If I select Cancel, I cannot navigate around My World, I have to say OK but then the same thing happens (in reverse) on the first device when I access it.

I guess I'm interested in knowing if apps are tied to a BB ID (I suppose I should know that by now), i.e. email address (BB ID/PIN).
    hondo457 likes this.
    12-26-11 06:10 PM
    For App World your PIN (BB ID #), Email address and password are used to authenticate
    your account.

If you try to access App World from a different device you will get the
    message you saw. This is no big deal as the next time you access App World from the
    original device you will be allowed to switch your account to that device. I do not
    believe there is a limit to the number of times you can do this, although, I readily
    concede I may be wrong on that point.

I do this all the time as my cousins (2) and my sister leave the updating of thier apps
    to me (as simple as I constantly tell them it is.)
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 12-26-11 at 06:20 PM.
    12-26-11 06:17 PM
    i use the same ID for my Bold 9900 and my Playbook when i log into my world on either one it shows all apps i have purchased for both devices but tells which ones are available for the device i am on. like when i log onto My World through my Bold it shows Angry Birds but just says not available for this device beside it.
    andy957 likes this.
    12-26-11 06:28 PM
    i use the same ID for my Bold 9900 and my Playbook when i log into my world on either one it shows all apps i have purchased for both devices but tells which ones are available for the device i am on. like when i log onto My World through my Bold it shows Angry Birds but just says not available for this device beside it.
    So you don't get prompted to change the PIN associated with that account/ID?
    12-26-11 06:32 PM
    So you don't get prompted to change the PIN associated with that account/ID?
    Nope. I use the same BBID for my smartphone and tablet and have yet to be asked to associate the PIN with the account apart from the initial set-up. The point of BBID is one login per person across multiple devices and services.
    andy957 likes this.
    12-27-11 07:52 AM
    that is true that you can have one BBID for one device (BB) and one tablet (PB) but i have not been able to get it to work for 2 BBs......
    01-11-12 12:27 PM
    BIS will only deliver email to one device at a time, it seems. When I tried to use the same BBID on my kids' 9860, it would send me a message stating that deliver had been stopped to my 9900.

AppWorld allows a maximum of 5 discrete device switches (5 separate unique devices per product line) per BBID per year. I can log into AppWorld with my BBID on my kids' BB, install and update apps, then change the BBID back to theirs. It does notify me that it is switching my PIN in AppWorld, but I should be able to switch back and forth between these 2 PINs as many times as I want. I use the same BBID on my PlayBook and my 9900 without being prompted to change anything.

Expectations When Using The Same BlackBerry ID On Multiple Devices
    01-11-12 12:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD