I have an 8130 Pearl from Verizon and Im wondering if I will get charged to use the BB Maps pre installed on my phone?

VZ Navigator was never on my phone.

I have Unlimited Data & Email for BlackBerry.

Ive played around with BB Maps and it gave my directions to where I wanted to go.

Is BB Maps like GPS????
    06-05-08 04:59 PM
    can anyone help?
    06-05-08 05:35 PM
    and does my phone have wifi
    06-05-08 06:04 PM
    No, there is no reason for Verizon to charge you for a pre-installed app... especially when you have unlimited data.
    06-05-08 06:22 PM
    No, there is no reason for Verizon to charge you for a pre-installed app... especially when you have unlimited data.
    Thank you for responding.

Do I have wifi?
    06-05-08 06:42 PM
    no one knows if my phone has wifi?
    06-05-08 09:23 PM
    You don't have WiFi, your phone has a GPS but verizon disabled it unless you pay for thier vz navigator servce (which you can download from your phones browser)
    06-06-08 12:22 PM
    You don't have WiFi, your phone has a GPS but verizon disabled it unless you pay for thier vz navigator servce (which you can download from your phones browser)
    Stole the words from my mouth.

This just another trick Verizon uses to get more money out of us. Pfft.
    06-06-08 12:30 PM
    The other person said its free to use the BB maps cause it came on the phone...

And you said I have to pay to use gps...where is gps on the phone?

is it not BB maps?
    06-06-08 04:42 PM
    BB maps is just that. Maps. Not directions like with VZ Navigator.
    06-06-08 04:45 PM
    BB maps is just that. Maps. Not directions like with VZ Navigator.
    Ok thank you I understand now.

But maps is kinda like a gps i guess idk
    At least it gave step by step directions to where I wanted to go when I was playing with it...

Anyways you have a pearl from Verizon I was wondering did you have VZW Navigator on your phone? Because I didnt..
    06-06-08 05:13 PM
    I had the VZ Navigator on my old phone before I got my Pearl. I honestly never used it and wasn't impressed with it the few times I did actually bust it out. So I opted not to have it on my new Pearl. To me, it's not worth paying the extra money per month.

If I really need directions to get somewhere, I just use google maps before I leave my house.
    06-06-08 05:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD