I'm not really sure how to categorize this question, so I didn't find anything useful by searching. My apologies if it's been covered.

Here's my issue...From my home screen, I start typing someone's name. Doing so brings up a list of people whose names start with those letters. My goal is to select someone from that list and send them an SMS. When I select a name from the list, after a second the selection bar jumps to the first phone number listed for that particular contact. So I have to scroll back up to click on the person's name in order to select "SMS" from the menu.

My question is, is there a way to set it so that when a name is selected, the highlight bar stays on the name instead of jumping down to the phone number? It's not a major issue, but I have accidentally dialed a few folks I meant to text, which is what I'm trying to avoid. If it's a simple setting change, I'd love to know where to make it. Thanks in advance, and again, my apologies if it's a repost.
    01-21-09 02:59 PM
    When I start typing a person's name from the Home Screen, I get the list of matching names. If I select a name, the selection bar jumps to the first phone number. So far, I match your results. Next, and without clicking on the person's name again, I press Menu. One of the Options is "SMS Text xxxx" where xxxx is the descriptor of the selected number (work, home, mobile, etc.)

I don't know any way to suppress the selection bar jumping to the first number, but maybe doing it as I described above will help.
    01-21-09 03:36 PM
    that'll work! thanks!
    01-21-09 11:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD