is it good for the phone to reset it once in a while by taking and putting back the battery? (like once every month) Or should you not do that.
    02-24-10 10:12 AM
    You should not have to do that. However, there is no to little harm in doing it.
    02-24-10 10:13 AM
    Your not going to hurt anything doing that.
    02-24-10 10:15 AM
    Its good to do it. Get quick Launches App. You can delete the event log, memory cleaner and reset the phone without taking the battery out.

I do it about once a week. Or Quick Pull App for resets without taking the battery out.
    02-24-10 10:15 AM
    Just use the quick pull app. It'll reset your berry without taking out battery

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-24-10 10:19 AM
    Being that Blackberries are Java based devices, they are excellent multi-taskers, but if you have a bad program or you have two programs that do not like each other a battery pull is required to move things along. HOWEVER 99% of all battery pulls on the newer devices (9000/95xx/97xx/85xx/89xx) shouldn't be really a required action. As stated no harm will come due to you doing this, and it does offer little benefit. I know people will debate me on this but like i said 99% of all battery pulls on newer devices can be avoided but taking simple steps to prevent clashing programs.

02-24-10 11:22 AM
    Doesn't hurt anything. It's kind of like re-booting your PC. I do it whenever the phone is running slow or doing anything wierd, which isn't very often now, but when I had the Storm 1, I'd pull the battery every few days, or once a week.
    02-24-10 11:55 AM
    Its actually good for the phone, but unnecessary unless you're deleting apps, themes, etc. Just use quickpull to reset the phone once a week or as often as you would like and you wont have to worry about it.
    02-24-10 12:14 PM
    Is there a difference between downloading an app like quickpull & just doing a reset combo (alt + shift + del)?

I do a reset combo every few days. Just out of habit -- had a BB that functioned slowly without a regular reset.

I honestly think it's preference.

02-24-10 05:32 PM
    quickpull is a safe reset.i recommend it. once a month battery pull is safe too. never did alt+shift+del. i think it wouldn't be safest method to clean up your memory.
    02-24-10 05:36 PM
    It would be nice to have someone from RIM comment on this topic as the answers are all over the place. My take (experience, and perusing the board over time) is that the Quickpull software is probably no different from ALT Rshift DEL, which is like a PC warm boot, while the battery pull is like a cold boot (turning PC off and then back on.) These phones do lose memory over time, and reset is the only way to restore it. My suggestion is watch your memory (Options>Status>Files Free) and when it is 10 or 20 % below baseline, reset...or when memory is below about 15 Meg, particularly on the Pearl that doesn't have much memory to play with.
    02-24-10 07:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD