The Quarterly BB10 sales game - round 2
So in the last round, virtually all of us widely overestimated the sales of BB10 devices, some by as many as five million units. So your challenge (for bragging rights only) is to successfully guess how many BB10 devices will be sold this quarter - as people post guesses, I'll update this first post. I think this is going to be a tricky quarter to guess - we have a possible fire sale of devices, the introduction of the z30, carriers starting to turn their back on BBRY and a general public perception that the company is on it's last legs.
- No figures released - Heymaggie, ElGusta
- (0.10) million units - Cashgap
- 0.18 million units - Troy Tiscareno
- 0.20 million units - sentimentGX4
- 0.25 million units - JeepBB
- 0.30 million units - Greenberry66
- 0.33 million units - PFman
- 0.38 million units - mikeo007
- 0.40 million units - mnc76
- 0.50 million units - notfanboy
- 0.50 million units - m1a1mg
- 0.60 million units - CrackberryQ
- 0.60 million units - Rello
- 0.65 million units - JasW
- 0.85 million units - RH1Pearl
- 0.80 million units - ccan
- 0.93 million units - Sesameopen
- 0.95 million units - ErnestoBB
- 0.98 million units - rohetaku
- 1.00 million units - RubenDM
- 1.05 million units - birdman_38
- 1.10 million units - app_developer
- 1.12 million units - newcollector
- 1.20 million units - h20work
- 1.23 million units - njblackberry
- 1.30 million units - Bold_until_Hybrid_comes
- 1.35 million units - bcbobcat22
- 1.35 million units - Scalemaster34
- 1.40 million units - amazinglygraceless
- 1.40 million units - CGK
- 1.50 million units - Thesmartmale
- 1.65 million units - propeller10
- 1.70 million units - MarsupilamiX
- 1.75 million units - eldricho
- 1.90 million units - crackedup77
- 2.00 million units - The Aficionado
- 2.00 million units - Aljean Thein
- 2.00 million units - Superfly_FR
- 2.10 million units - Web99
- 2.40 million units - yunvi
- 2.60 million units - David Murray1
- 3.00 million units - _dimi_
To keep this simple, I am rounding up to the nearest two digits.
Last edited by cgk; 12-19-13 at 02:53 PM.
- CrackBerry Genius
10-06-13, 06:58 AM #2
- 2,364 Posts
- 2B5B8B6C Channel : C000213A1
I think they will start to dive massivly...
A lot of shops that stop stocking phones. (yes, most of the people that look for a phone want it in their pocket when they leave a shop). Ordering is a step to much. 1 million max (excludes the overstocked z10) if they use them to sell cheap, they can sell a lot of them, but with the history of overpricing i don't see it happen.
- 10-06-13, 01:23 PM #12
I'll guess at 0.25M sold (not shipped) next quarter, though I take the point that we may never learn the numbers if the sale goes through.
I think BB10 sales will stall completely.
There are better, cheaper, alternatives to the Z30 on the market and BB continues to live down to my expectations by pricing the phone stupidly high and with near-invisible marketing. It won't sell in any significant numbers.
Anyone who wanted a Q10, has probably already bought one. The Q5, with its stupidly high price for a claimed budget phone, was DOA.
As for the Z10, it's destined for landfill. Unless BB start to sell it for $50 in a fire sale, few will buy it. And, unlike the Playbook fire sale, with its promised free upgrade to BB10 acting as incentive, there is no compelling reason to buy an EOL'D phone with a weak ecosystem from a company that may not be around to support the product much longer.
- 10-06-13, 06:42 PM #22
Is there a prize if we guess correctly?
Anyway, I'll say 2 mill
With the carriers/retails reducing the price of the phones, they might sell better but who knows. BlackBerry is now selling directly so it might sell a few more..
Posted via CB10
Last edited by Aljean Thein; 11-06-13 at 04:28 AM.
- 10-06-13, 07:21 PM #24
Blackberry didn't even release the actual figures last quarter. It sneakily changed the revenue recognition. Who's to say they won't use some other dirty tactic next quarter?
If we were using the old metric, though, the number shipped should be roughly the same as the number of z30s shipped. So for the shipped number, it is probably in the couple hundred thousands. Basically a rounding error.
- By AgeT4 in forum BlackBerry Q5Replies: 6Last Post: 10-21-13, 04:14 AM
- By menglim in forum BlackBerry Q10Replies: 12Last Post: 10-10-13, 07:02 AM
- By birdman_38 in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 124Last Post: 10-08-13, 02:13 AM
- By gokenim in forum BlackBerry Bold 9000Replies: 2Last Post: 10-07-13, 08:26 PM
- By xenax in forum BlackBerry 10 GamesReplies: 1Last Post: 10-06-13, 09:39 AM