Q for you, Q, as this seems like as good a place as any to ask --

You're a happy Q10 user. How do you feel about the return of The Belt? Being a techie toy geek and keyboard aficionado and knowing the ins and outs of BB10, what do you think about the idea of essentially slapping The Belt on a Q10? For how you use your Q10, would the addition of The Belt improve your experience?
    Personally I see it as an unnecessary step backwards.

I perform all functions either by swiping or on screen. But....I'm a hybrid, remember I started using full touchscreen way back with the iPhone 3GS so I've had a long time to get used to the absence of a trackpad.

There hasn't been one single solitary moment when I've thought to myself "gee I WISH I had a trackpad.". Copy/paste, text selection, radio buttons on surveys, fields to type into...all done effortlessly without the belt. I personally don't need it and don't want it.

Actually, I think I would resent the presence of the belt. Like an obstacle I have to go over.

But....I'll still buy it.

Posted from my awesome Q10 via CB10.
    02-26-14 09:42 AM
    Actually, I think I would resent the presence of the belt. Like an obstacle I have to go over.

But....I'll still buy it.

Posted from my awesome Q10 via CB10.
    I should have known!!
    02-26-14 10:50 AM
    Well they tried to make the masses happy with a full touch screen....but if you remember...NOBODY bought them...got a warehouse full of Z10s ...and those who did jump on board filled the forum with negative posts and crying and whining.
    From reading posts on here, putting the track pad on a keyboard device and still using BB 10 will hopefully keep the older users here who are maybe waiting for their contracts to run out before switching over to another device, getting them to use BB10 and seeing what they have been missing using their old devices.
    Myself, making cheap sub par devices like the Z3 is a mistake and not concentrating on making the Z10 and z30 even better should have been their 2nd priority right after the designs of the Q20. Time will tell now as it's in the works...nothing for high tech till 2015 I believe I read some where on here.
    Granted its a step backwards and nobody else is going back to old devices ..apples, Samsungs etc.... Let's just hope it works.

Sent from my super secret shoe device using Tapatalk HD
    02-26-14 12:37 PM
    For quite some time now they've been doing everything to make us forget it and start loving the marvelous gesture-based UI.
    Which was a mistake they are trying to correct.

Second. I was sincerely thinking that with BB10 BBRY was going to concentrate their forces on JUST TWO DEVICES - FULL-QWERTY and FULL-TOUCH - and push them forward as hard as they only can
    alas another mistake: a one or two device portfolio only works for Apple apparently. Why? Complex market forces too difficult to explain here (and there are really about 30 different iPhone skus with colours and non-expandable memory sizes and radios and CDMA vs GSM etc, so not so simple)

But what I see now - is utter fragmenting of hardware line: Q5, Q10, Z10, Z30, Z3 and then Q20 with a new physical keys. It looks like BBRY is trying to put a patch on every little hole they can think of. But like someone said here already, you CANNOT PLEASE EVERYBODY! And trying to do so BBRY looks desperate in my opinion. And it breaks my heart.
    but they're not pleasing enough people to maintain their business so they have to change their strategy. What should they do instead, given their failing fortunes and reputation? People need to see profitability and growth... staying the course at this point isn't going to bring that on a short enough time frame, and I doubt that without this change it would work even in 5 years.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-14 03:16 PM
    People: "Nobody is buying BB10 because you aren't competing with iOS/Android!"
    BB: "Okay, big touch screen phone! We'll try to get some apps!"
    People: "Nobody is buying BB10 because it doesn't have exactly the same features as BBOS!"
    BB: "Okay, QWERTY with a trackpad! You don't need apps anyway!"
    People: "Nobody is buying BB10 because you can't decide which way to go!"
    BB: "@*(&U(*%!"

You see the problem.
    Best response ive seen all day!
    02-26-14 03:21 PM
    I would love to see a new tablet replace the PlayBook. Or maybe like a PlayBook mini but running BlackBerry 10 and have the ability to make calls. Of course you wouldn't hold to your ear, it would come with a BlackBerry Bluetooth ear piece.

Posted via my BlackBerry Q10 or Z30 on VZW from Philly
    I'm with you on a new BBRY tablet. If BlackBerry would form a partnership with FoxConn or another company and build a new tablet with a BB10 OS, hdmi, miracast, etc, I would buy it.

Posted from my Samsung Galaxy Note Tablet
    Last edited by web99; 02-26-14 at 05:36 PM.
    02-26-14 04:56 PM
    I'm with you on a new BBRY tablet. If BlackBerry would form a partnership with FoxConn or another company and build a new tablet with a BB10 OS, hdmi, miracast, etc, I would buy it.
    First, a BB10 phone with 1920 x 1080 resolution, getting the kinks worked out so the apps run seamlessly at the higher resolution and app vendors have had the time to adapt... and fix the Android Runtime so there are substitutes for Google "foundation" apps or whatever, like maps and google drive, so that those apps will run on the Android Runtime.

THEN a 7" 1920 x 1080 "PlayBook X" that runs BlackBerry 10 100% compatible with all apps (no requirement to have a cellular antenna / coverage in there) with a 3 GHz CPU that won't choke on the chokiest Android Apps., and price it at $399, give it lots of RAM and A BLACKBERRY BRIDGE THAT IS FULLY FUNCTIONAL. I might just have to buy three, because I'd love it too much to own just one.
    02-26-14 08:23 PM
32 12