So, my Q10 reboots on a regular basis. This reboot is always happens when the phone is bumped or jostled. Sometimes the phone will even reboot when it is gently placed on a hard surface. This is getting really irritating, especially considering that this phone is designed efficiency and reliability. I am embarrassed to let people see my phone for fear off them perceiving it as a piece of crap, aas it will inevitably reboot when they put the phone down.

Is this a common occurance?

Posted via CB10
    01-16-14 05:09 PM
    Hi and welcome to Crackberry!

I haven't found any problems with my Q10. However, I do remember this thread from a couple of days ago.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...issues-893050/
    01-16-14 05:17 PM
    It's the battery. It can be a little loose.

I take a Post-It note and fold it a couple times and put it between the battery and battery cover. Makes it tight and I haven't had any issue since.

Posted via CB10
    01-16-14 05:26 PM

I take a Post-It note and fold it a couple times and put it between the battery and battery cover. Makes it tight and I haven't had any issue since.

Also, this is only on my black Q10. My mom's black Q10 is fine, and so are my white Q10s.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10

^^
    I have no idea how I quoted myself
    01-16-14 05:27 PM
    Thanks,

I will give that a try. It is too bad that a brand new $700 phone needs to be fixed with such hackneyed measures.

Posted via CB10
    ajst222 likes this.
    01-16-14 05:43 PM
    My sister's Q10 does as well I will tell her how to stop it from happening. Thanks.

Converting people to BlackBerry & BBM since 2010
    01-16-14 06:17 PM
    My Q10 was rebooting too. My back cover was loose not on properly. I removed the back, put it back on hasn't rebooted since. Has to be 3 months ago.

Posted via CB10
    01-16-14 08:22 PM
    Thanks,

I will give that a try. It is too bad that a brand new $700 phone needs to be fixed with such hackneyed measures.

Posted via CB10
    Get a new one, should be under warranty, mine is fine!

Posted via CB10
    01-16-14 08:27 PM
    No issues here.

Posted via CB10
    01-16-14 09:49 PM

Posted via CB10
    Thx for the tip
    In the past few weeks I have had my Q10 reboot 3 times when I placed it down (slightly roughly) on a hard surface. After reading this thread I have opened & closed my battery door. If it happens again, I will try your Post-it trick

Posted via CB10
    01-17-14 05:37 AM
    So, my Q10 reboots on a regular basis. This reboot is always happens when the phone is bumped or jostled. Sometimes the phone will even reboot when it is gently placed on a hard surface. This is getting really irritating, especially considering that this phone is designed efficiency and reliability. I am embarrassed to let people see my phone for fear off them perceiving it as a piece of crap, aas it will inevitably reboot when they put the phone down.

Is this a common occurance?

Posted via CB10
    I investigated this thoroughly and have come up with the exact fix.

On some devices there is a little play between the top of the battery and the case. When impacted, the battery can move the 1/2mm or so and lose contact with the bottom of the battery and the contacts, causing the reboot. Putting a post it note on the battery case as mentioned above can add some friction to help remedy it, but the better solution is to put a small strip of screen cover(perfect thickness) or tape(i used one a bit thicker than scotch tape) either on the top side of the battery(opposite side of the contacts) or the top of the battery compartment(the 1/8th inch side opposite of the contacts) Either will solve the problem 100%. I believe the issue is more to do with the battery than the phone, i have one OEM battery that is a tiny bit taller than the other and that battery has no problems. Some batteries are just slightly out of spec. The batteries i have that are out of spec has the "cell made in Korea and further processed in china". Surprise Surprise.

Good luck.
    01-17-14 07:28 AM
    I had the battery issue, placed a folded business card between the battery and the back cover. That fixed the problem. Them one month later every time I would tap the headphone jack ever so lightly, the phone would re boot. Sent it off for warranty and got a new device. No problems at all anymore at this time.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-14 07:58 PM