I'm happy with my Q10, but Visual Voicemail is not working. The app always shows no messages to view, even though there are new voicemails.

I spent a great deal of time on the phone with ATT. They turned VVM off, back on, reset the password, had me take the battery out, and various other things.

I'm considering wiping the phone completely and setting it all up again. My contacts sync with my Yahoo contacts, so no problems anticipated there.

Does anyone else have any good or bad news about VVM on a Q10 through ATT?

Posted via CB10
    07-04-13 03:41 AM
    The day I got my AT&T Q10, and was setting it up / testing it, I made some calls to it and let them go to VM. They never showed up in the hub's visual voicemail section. Then I went into VVM specifically from the hub and don't know what I did or how, but it eventually prompted me for my VM password. Once I entered it, then all my test VMs showed up. At least I'm pretty sure that was the order it happened. LOL. (I was up until the wee hours of the morning playing/configuring, so my memory is a bit hazy. :-) I may have instead gone into the phone app and clicked the "VM" item at the top-right, and then clicked on the blue voicemail icon at the top-left to force it to connect, and maybe that's when I was prompted. Either way, I was definitely not getting anything showing up in VVM until I was prompted for and entered my password. I remembered being really surprised that I had to do that, as I'd assumed that it was included in the "settings" that we're transferred from my 9900,..
    07-04-13 04:26 AM
    Sorry you are having issues with your Visual Voicemail on your Q10 with AT&T. Mine has been working without any problems since picking it up and activating it at my AT&T corporate store 2 weeks ago. I hope you get this issue resolved...

Bob

Posted With My Q10 On AT&T
    07-04-13 07:50 AM
    I had to call AT&T tech support, get it escalated and then have the Visual Voice mail removed and then reprovisioned. After that it worked. The original set-up was done wrong by AT&T.
    07-08-13 01:36 PM
    My VVM works now. The ATT tech didn't know that when your vm password is reset to your phone number, it is only temporary and will not access vvm. I stumbled into the answer when I called my voicemail from a land line. The system told me to enter a new password. After that, I went back on the Q10 and VVM asked for the correct password. I entered the new password and VVM started working.

Posted via CB10
    DolemiteDONS likes this.
    07-09-13 06:23 PM
    I get my voicemails and notification in the hub but the voicemails aren't typed out. I have to play them like a regular voicemail. How do I actually get visual voicemail??

Posted via CB10
    07-09-13 07:08 PM
    I was loving my new Blackberry Q10 but frustrated about the same absence of voicemail notifications. I spent hours on the phone with AT&T with several people, over two days. Although all were very nice, no one could figure out the voicemail notification problem. A couple suggested I exchange the device for another. But I knew it wasn't a problem with the device. I read your message (from shoe8820) about calling the voicemail and re-setting the password and IT WORKED! Just like that. Hours and days spent on the phone with AT&T with no end in sight, until I read your discovery. THANK YOU!!
    07-10-13 12:35 AM
    I get my voicemails and notification in the hub but the voicemails aren't typed out. I have to play them like a regular voicemail. How do I actually get visual voicemail??

Posted via CB10
    Haha I don't think any service offers that.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-13 02:27 AM

Posted via CB10
    Visual voicemail refers to the ability to play or skip through voicemail through an app like interface as opposed to having to go through the phone prompts (or basic voicemail).

With visual voicemail you get a list of your messages from which you can select which ones to play/delete in whatever order you want.

I'm assuming you have visual voicemail if your voicemail messages show in the hub.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-13 03:02 AM
    This is true on ATT - you get a visual list and can click to play the msgs that you want. The Q10 does have the ability to convert speech to text and display text of the messages within visual voicemail, although this doesn't happen on ATT.

I've seen screen shots of visual-voicemail-converted-to-text in some of the other threads.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-13 03:22 AM
    This is true on ATT - you get a visual list and can click to play the msgs that you want. The Q10 does have the ability to convert speech to text and display text of the messages within visual voicemail, although this doesn't happen on ATT.

I've seen screen shots of visual-voicemail-converted-to-text in some of the other threads.

Posted via CB10
    Now this would be very cool. Links please?

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk 2
    07-10-13 05:33 AM
    Right. I saw it in another thread also, which is why I thought I didn't have something set up correctly. Guess its just AT&T.

Don't know why another poster thought it was funny. Is this not the definition of "visual" voicemail? I've had Vonage at my office for 5 years and they email me my voicemails typed out. I haven't dialed into my voicemail since I set it up!

Posted via CB10
    07-10-13 04:29 PM