One thing that I like about Crackberry is that people working for Blackberry seem to follow this forum and that's why I'm presenting this idea here.
    Wouldn't it be great if Blackberry would enable Q10 users to create and cusomize shortcuts for when the phone is locked .
    For example press shift + 1 to call spouse or shift + 2 to compose e-mail to boss.

What do you guys think ?
    Last edited by bombbas; 07-12-13 at 10:30 AM.
    07-12-13 09:25 AM
    Nope sorry, that defeats the purpose of a locked phone. I know it's unlikely those combo's could be pocket dialed, however it can still happen. While a great idea, I just can't agree with the concept
    07-12-13 09:46 AM
    Kris, if you have switched off gestures than only one power button press is enough to unlock the phone which in my opinion is more likely to happen in the pocket than a combo of two buttons.

I don't know if you remeber the old Nokia phones. They had a two button combo to unlock the phone.
    Last edited by bombbas; 07-12-13 at 10:13 AM.
    07-12-13 09:58 AM
    Shortcuts in general sound like a good idea - speed dialling first though please
    07-12-13 10:00 AM
    I would just like to see the option to toggle advanced search feature on/off. When AS is off, the keyboard would function as with BBOS.

I would use the "S" key to launch the advanced search function and others as I see fit.

Come oooooon 10.2!

Posted via Pilot's Q10
    07-12-13 10:09 AM
    Kris, if you have switched off gestures than only one power button press is enough to unlock the phone which in my opinion is more likely to happen in the pocket than a combo of two buttons.

I don't know if you remeber the old Nokia phones. They had a two button combo to unlock the phone.
    Oh I remember, I had a N97 and a lot of other symbian based phones. Two button unlock was a big thing back then. But yes I switch off gestures, but I think it's harder to hit a single idented button than multiple keys that are higher than the screen.

Again I do like your idea, I just can't come to terms with it myself

Posted via CB10
    07-12-13 10:24 AM