Hi, Everyone -
    I've yet to see this pop up in threads but if it's out there please forgive me for not finding it.
    Like many, the main reason I have a BlackBerry is for the keyboard, and the reason it's important to me is the ease with which I can write longer e-mails (without the errors inherently more difficult to avoid on touchscreen-only devices). This is however canceled out by an error I sometimes experience in the Drafts feature of my Q10.
    Basically what happens is, I sometimes write out the main idea for a message, fill in the paragraphs later, and hence am saving the draft a few times - sometimes three, sometimes ten if, say, I'm traveling and just keeping notes on my day to share with someone later in one message. After a few saves (though three seemed to be enough yesterday, when I last noticed the issue) what happens sometimes is that the double apostrophes turn to a forward slash and a single apostrophe, or worse, other punctuation turns to what appears to be some kind of code (maybe html?) It litters the drafts with these when saved, and therefore takes a lot time to manually correct each of them (and they may come back when resaved anyway). This has rendered Drafts useless in such cases, requiring me to use Docs to Go instead - but it seems to me I should neither have to open a separate program, decide the length of an e-mail before writing it (and hence to use the program or not), nor have to copy/paste and reformat into the new e-mail (on a device supposedly excellent for messaging).

Even worse, I've noticed that sometimes it adds the errors on its own as the e-mail is sent (meaning I don't get a last look at the final, error-ridden message before it goes out).
    Any suggestions? It's clearly an error in the software...

I'm running 10.3.1.1779.

Sorry if this was too long and I hope it makes sense.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-15 01:50 AM
    What is your email provider?

Do you use POP3/SMTP, IMAP or Exchange/ActiveSync?
    Give us some more info to work with... :-)

�   Passposted while waiting for the Z-lider....   �
    05-22-15 05:30 AM
    Hi there - it's IMAP, through Gmail (I have e-mail from my domain forwarded there, but that part doesn't matter since the 'berry doesn't talk to that). Does it make a difference though? I feel like the error happens in the e-mail program before it goes out through anything, that is, since the draft is local...

Posted via CB10
    05-22-15 04:27 PM
    Responding because I would like to hear the solution, if you find it!

9000 > Q10 > Z10 >Z30>
    05-22-15 07:57 PM
    Are you having the issue too, OTCH?

Posted via CB10
    05-23-15 02:12 AM
    Are you having the issue too, OTCH?

Posted via CB10
    No, because I usually don't edit drafts. But I have received emails that look like that, and even posts to CB, and was wondering why it happened!!

9000 > Q10 > Z10 >Z30>
    05-23-15 08:14 AM
    It just happened again this morning; this was after three saves to an edited draft. And this time I noticed that an entire paragraph (the last one written) was gone. So I had to copy and paste it and then type it from memory in Docs to Go, and will have to save and copy and paste it back in before sending.
    It's a major flaw in an app that is, in my experience, the manifestation of the main reason people buy Blackberries...

Posted via CB10
    05-24-15 02:49 AM
    Here is an example of what it looks like; the text was added to my e-mail after I hit send, but wasn't in the (plain text) message as I wrote it.

class=\'\\'markedForCaretMarkerRemoval\\'\'>‎</div><div name=\'\\'BB10\\'\' id=\'\\'blackberry-text-learn-end\\'\' contenteditable=\'\\'false\\'\' style=\'\\'display:none\\'\'></div><div name=\'\\'BB10\\'\' dir=\'\\'auto\\'\' id=\'\\'_signaturePlaceholder\\'\'></div><div name=\'\\'BB10\\'\' id=\'\\'BB10_LLOT\\'\' contenteditable=\'\\'false\\'\' style=\'\\'display:none\\'\'></div>S - 1625 - *We have a draft; we don\'t need another draft, this is the last one. The one we have to work with.*<div dir=\'auto\' name=\'BB10\' caretmarkerset=\'‎\' class=\'markedForCaretMarkerRemoval\'>‎</div><div dir=\'auto\' name=\'BB10\' caretmarkerset=\'‎\'

Posted via CB10
    06-10-15 02:21 PM
    I've also noticed that the Q10 is now also deleting pictures on its own. The memory card is far from full. Other pictures just become corrupted. Should I start a new thread for this or could it all be the same thing?

Posted via CB10
    06-12-15 03:09 AM
    I reinstalled the OS (am running 10.3.1.1779) and although the problem didn't exist at first it seems to have come back.

Posted via CB10
    07-19-15 12:44 PM
    (Passport changed my username after the reinstall of CB10.)

Posted via CB10
    07-19-15 01:31 PM
    I've also noticed that the Q10 is now also deleting pictures on its own. The memory card is far from full. Other pictures just become corrupted. Should I start a new thread for this or could it all be the same thing?

Posted via CB10
    Q10 is kinda slow to cache the thumbnails. Tap and open a photo that only shows a placeholder icon to see whether it's still there and unharmed. Back up you photos regularly. MicroSD cards love to go bad or become corrupted. Back up all files, then reformat. :-D

(edit
    There are tools to check flash storage media (like SDcards) for download. With these, you can do multiple overwrites to check whether all flash cells are still healthy...

�   "BB Android Armageddon: Chenisys is uploading in 5,4,3..."   �
    07-19-15 03:30 PM