How come so many people who use the q ten, complain when android apps don't work properly on the device, when the apps are clearly made for full on touch screen phones and not tiny square touch screens.. Its like absolutely amazing that almost all the android apps can run on a BB10 phone in the first place, so when the apps don't work properly on the Q10, people complain like crazy about it...Its like, if you want android apps to work proper, you shouldn't get a phone thats meant for pumping out messages and not consuming media.

Posted via R115-Aramis.
    SK122387, Q10Bold and cgallaer like this.
    04-18-14 12:28 AM
    Well I got a q10, and I am not missing my note 3, it is only for taking credit card payments! Roll on Q20!
    04-18-14 12:34 AM
    How come so many people who use the q ten, complain when android apps don't work properly on the device, when the apps are clearly made for full on touch screen phones and not tiny square touch screens.. Its like absolutely amazing that almost all the android apps can run on a BB10 phone in the first place, so when the apps don't work properly on the Q10, people complain like crazy about it...Its like, if you want android apps to work proper, you shouldn't get a phone thats meant for pumping out messages and not consuming media.

Posted via R115-Aramis.
    Finally, someone GETS IT.

Posted via CB10
    cgallaer and BitPusher2600 like this.
    04-18-14 02:28 AM

Posted via R115-Aramis.
    Clearly most of the world agrees with you. The Android app thing will be short lived anyways as more and more Android apps rely on "Google Play Services" which is equivalent to Microsoft DirectX strategy. Most if not all of Googles own apps use it along with PayPal. Also Android apps are sluggish when running on Blackberry, but they are more full featured for example the NY Times app for Android has better offline support while the Blackberry one freezes if you don't have an Internet connection when you start it.

Posted via my Q10
    04-18-14 09:07 AM
    The ones I want/need to work on my Q10 seem to work fine to me. For the rest, that's why I use a Nexus 7 tablet.

Could never use a Nexus 5 because I love the Q10 so much.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-14 10:00 AM
    I've only had a few that haven't worked. I fully understand the app is running in an emulator and not to expect them to be flawless.
    04-18-14 12:39 PM

Posted via R115-Aramis.
    Because sometimes you want your phone to do just a little more than texting and calling.

Its not like I'm wanting to use my BlackBerry to play need for speed or anything. I just want it to do a little more.
    Last edited by jjfad; 04-18-14 at 05:47 PM.
    04-18-14 12:43 PM

Posted via R115-Aramis.
    Agreed. I now removed all Android apps from my Q10. It's clean. Instead, my Z30 has all Android apps that run smooth. Sometimes a little laggy but impressive. Q10 is my primary tool and Z30 is my toy in which I play games, watch videos, and etc. with most Android apps.
    04-18-14 12:48 PM
    What is the connection between Android apps and "consuming media"?

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    04-18-14 04:51 PM

Posted via R115-Aramis.
    I know they the first ones to say I don't need apps on my phone I don't play games with my BlackBerry then they like oh but candycrush keeps crashing!b

Posted via CB10
    04-19-14 01:28 AM
    What is the connection between Android apps and "consuming media"?

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    Evidentally one is not a real BlackBerry user if they want to play a game or two.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-14 12:15 PM
    I don't play games on my Q10, that's why I have a 3DS and Nexus 7

I don't read books on my Q10, that's why I have a Nexus 7 and borrow my wife's kindle

I don't watch videos on my Q10, what's why I watch them on my laptop or TV.

I very much prefer devices to have one powerful singular use, in this case, messaging and communication. Anything else, is an added bonus.

But I have to say, luckily the official android version of Pocket works beautifully. I would save articles to pocket via the Q10, and read it on my nexus 7 later one

Posted via CB10
    04-19-14 02:41 PM
    I don't play games on my Q10, that's why I have a 3DS and Nexus 7

I don't read books on my Q10, that's why I have a Nexus 7 and borrow my wife's kindle

I don't watch videos on my Q10, what's why I watch them on my laptop or TV.

I very much prefer devices to have one powerful singular use, in this case, messaging and communication. Anything else, is an added bonus.

But I have to say, luckily the official android version of Pocket works beautifully. I would save articles to pocket via the Q10, and read it on my nexus 7 later one

Posted via CB10
    Well, I would never want two carry 2 devices.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-14 10:19 PM
    you can take CC payments using Square on a BB10 device if you use the android cr-app.
    04-19-14 10:22 PM