I am in school all day and I have my BB in keyboard lock on quiet. My question is; if I put it in standby mode, is it better than just locking it? What are the advantages?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-20-09 06:55 PM
    The advantages I see to using standby mode instead of locking is that if you have it in your pocket or anything, only the end key will "wake it up" but only to tell you that you need to press mute to unlock it. All other buttons act as if they weren't even pressed. The bad thing about locking it only is that if it's in your pocket and buttons get pressed, it'll start entering those keys into the password field. That's the only main differences I see...
    05-20-09 06:58 PM
    Apparently, putting it in standby saves your battery whether you have it locked or not.

05-20-09 07:06 PM
    I don't have a password on it, and will the standby mode have any negative effects?

05-20-09 07:22 PM
    I don't have a password on it, and will the standby mode have any negative effects?

None whatsoever.
    05-20-09 07:23 PM
    Cool, then the whole battery saver thing is a plus. Can you stil receive phone calls and texts and such while in standby?

05-20-09 07:29 PM
    I always am in Standby mode
    05-20-09 07:32 PM
    And when you get a call does it end standby mode?

05-20-09 07:33 PM
    i just keep mine on lockdown
    05-20-09 07:34 PM

Yes it will exit standby, then once the call is ended it will go back.
    05-20-09 07:38 PM
    Cool, then the whole battery saver thing is a plus. Can you stil receive phone calls and texts and such while in standby?

Yes you can still receive everything.

Well if the device is in standby mode and you get a call, the screen lights up and you're able to press and End and Send keys without having to worry about disabling SB mode.
    05-20-09 07:39 PM
    Awesome, thanks for the help guys

05-20-09 07:58 PM
    the thing i JUST discovered about standby is if you have like bbalerts or a program that changes the colors of the LED or you missed a e-mail or text it wont let the LED or alert go off....at least that happened with me
    05-22-09 10:01 PM
    I always use standby instead of the locking feature - just out of habit I guess, but to me it makes more sense - its essentially locking the keys plus saving battery...
    05-22-09 11:08 PM
    I use standby mode while at work to save the battery and keep keys from being pressed while it's in my purse. It still rings when I have a call though. I've never tried putting the ringer on quiet though. I think the standby mode is a better option, as long as it won't ring while you're in class.
    05-22-09 11:16 PM
    i love standby mode it's great
    05-24-09 01:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD