I'd like to view my daily calender on my background/wallpaper without the use of a theme, is it possible?

If the only way to do so is via a theme, is there a free, simple, and light theme for the 9700?

(I detest themes generally)

Thanks!
    10-10-10 09:50 PM
    I donr think therr is a way of doing that. I have never seen a theme that puts the calendar as the background. You could use a program like captureit and take a screen shot of your calendar and use it as a wallpaper. Bad thing is that you will have to take a picture of your calendar everyday and change your wallpaper. That's all I got. Sorry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-10-10 10:05 PM
    what's wrong with using a theme that has a hidden today in it so when you scroll over your calendar, it displays over the background ? The icon just has to be set to the first page.
    10-10-10 10:08 PM
    I donr think therr is a way of doing that. I have never seen a theme that puts the calendar as the background. You could use a program like captureit and take a screen shot of your calendar and use it as a wallpaper. Bad thing is that you will have to take a picture of your calendar everyday and change your wallpaper. That's all I got. Sorry.

I don't want a picture of my calendar as my wallpaper. I wanted my calendar entries displayed on my wallpaper. Since the stupid month view of the native BB calendar only shows a tiny black speck on the dates with events on them (which Neanderthal at RIM came up with this idea? Absolutely laughable!) I keep missing appointments, even when I have an alarm, I turn it off and I seem to forget them after a while. So I thought the best solution is to push my calender to the background.

Janye, I saw today themes that did the job rather elegantly, with the rest of the theme looking like the default theme. But nothing was free from my understanding. I also don't want to highlight the calendar to view the appointments, I would like it visible at all times if possible. Any thoughts?
    10-10-10 10:32 PM
    There is a setting for the standard 9700 home screen that will give you some of what you want. Push the blackberry button twice, then select "Options." Under "Home Screen Layout," Select "Today" rather than "Zen." I don't find it very useful, but it will display a couple of appointments at the bottom.

The native blackberry calendar can be set to display in "Agenda" format. That may be what you need.
    10-10-10 10:40 PM
    Currently loading an OS, will check it out as soon as that's done. Thanks for that. Sounds like what am looking for. I hope!

Edit: well its almost what I was looking for. I wanted the calendar events to be displayed, but it got rid of the bottom icons. Guess I'll have to look for a theme. Only problem none are free!
    Last edited by hibanzai; 10-11-10 at 12:02 AM.
    10-10-10 11:07 PM
    @the neanderthal comment..

Well, what did you want other than the black spec? look how small the box is anyways in the first place...
    10-11-10 12:20 AM
    Currently loading an OS, will check it out as soon as that's done. Thanks for that. Sounds like what am looking for. I hope!

Edit: well its almost what I was looking for. I wanted the calendar events to be displayed, but it got rid of the bottom icons. Guess I'll have to look for a theme. Only problem none are free!
    Press the green call button/menu/options/general options and set dial from homescreen to no, now almost all your letters are shortcuts to apps from homescreen. I think you'll like that.

10-11-10 01:27 AM
    I don't want a picture of my calendar as my wallpaper. I wanted my calendar entries displayed on my wallpaper. Since the stupid month view of the native BB calendar only shows a tiny black speck on the dates with events on them (which Neanderthal at RIM came up with this idea? Absolutely laughable!) I keep missing appointments, even when I have an alarm, I turn it off and I seem to forget them after a while. So I thought the best solution is to push my calender to the background.

Janye, I saw today themes that did the job rather elegantly, with the rest of the theme looking like the default theme. But nothing was free from my understanding. I also don't want to highlight the calendar to view the appointments, I would like it visible at all times if possible. Any thoughts?
    You said that you keep missing appointments. Have you tried setting your reminders in your calendar?

10-11-10 05:33 AM
    Try this app:

BlackBerry App World - Ultra Today Plus - Display all today plus without hovering on

10-11-10 05:40 AM
    Try this app:

BlackBerry App World - Ultra Today Plus - Display all today plus without hovering on

This is exactly what am looking for but for free. Guess I'll have to try the shortcut method mentioned above, I might be a shortcut person after all.

When changing the layout from zen to today, is there an option to choose calendar only instead of having messages and phone log on top?

Cheers for your replies!

10-11-10 08:06 AM
    Did you look in the Themes Forum here on CB? Lots of free themes that will do just what you would described. You should check into it.

10-11-10 08:42 AM
    I spent a good hour looking through the themes on cb. None of which have what am looking for for free. Weird enough is that those today themes I'd like on my bold2 are available for other phones for free.

Same default theme + option to view calender on background is all am asking.

I'll browse through the forum thoroughly tonight.

10-11-10 03:03 PM
    This is what you are looking for, but it's not free (good things are worth paying for):

deToday - The Revolutionary Today Screen App - Utilities BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store

There is a free trial though!
    10-11-10 03:16 PM
    This is what you are looking for, but it's not free (good things are worth paying for):

deToday - The Revolutionary Today Screen App - Utilities BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store

There is a free trial though!
    That looks perfect! I'll try it out. I thought I saw similar themes to this on BB App Word for 0.99. This is 5 times more expensive!

Thanks for that. Will download it and look around for more options in the mean time.
    10-11-10 10:42 PM
    or if you prefer free, here's what I use The Theme Zone: Stock Weather Today (8900, 9600, 9700)
    10-11-10 11:13 PM
    I was actually contemplating making my own theme. Basically replicating the one am trialling.
    If I can save 4.99 then good stuff! I just hope I don't waste countless of hours reading tutorials.
    I'll make sure to post it for all if I get around making one this week.

Although I won't start working on one since I might win a free theme in a contest mentioned in the theme forum.

10-12-10 05:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD