Hi all:

I would like the following. Hopefully you guys can help me.

I subscribe to just a few RSS feeds, and I would like them PUSHED to my Blackberry. Since I couldn't find such an application, I came up with the following idea, but am still having a problem finding such an app:

I would like to find a program that I can download and install that will:

• Check RSS feeds every x minutes (some require HTTP authentication)
    • Forward any new news feeds from RSS feeds to my e-mail. (which will PUSH to my BB )
    • Be free
    • Be for Windows.

I can't find a program to do this! HELP!!!

Thanks in advance!
    09-15-09 02:36 PM
    Not entirely sure what you are asking for.

But as far as getting RSS feeds on your BB, most people use Viigo. Personally, I use FreeRange because it displays better on the 8230, and is lighter weight. Also, FreeRange can use Google Reader as a provider. So the same feeds I have on my PC appear on my BB. Viigo and FreeRange can also optionaly check for changes automatically. But it's not "push" (at least in the case of FreeRange).
    09-15-09 02:46 PM
    Not entirely sure what you are asking for.

But as far as getting RSS feeds on your BB, most people use Viigo. Personally, I use FreeRange because it displays better on the 8230, and is lighter weight. Also, FreeRange can use Google Reader as a provider. So the same feeds I have on my PC appear on my BB. Viigo and FreeRange can also optionaly check for changes automatically. But it's not "push" (at least in the case of FreeRange).
    Hmmm I thought I was pretty clear, but I guess I wasn't... I apologize, and will try again.

I would like RSS feeds pushed to my Blackberry. To my knowledge Viigo does not support the PUSHING of feeds, and will show you feeds that you subscribe to when you launch their application.

Since I have not found a way to push RSS feeds to my Blackberry, I thought, ok... What if I could e-mail them to myself. Since I have push e-mail, this would essentially push the feeds. So I was hoping to find a Windows program to my computer that could download RSS feeds every x hours, and forward any new RSS feeds to my Blackberry e-mail.
    Last edited by Milkman00; 09-15-09 at 03:21 PM.
    09-15-09 03:16 PM
    Not really trying to be argumentative, but what is the difference? RSS is a pull technology. Some thing, some where, has to poll your feeds. So why not just setup you BB RSS reader to poll more often?

With that said, I have seen RSS to email services. But I've never really paid that much attention. Google it.

I just set my polling frequency on my RSS reader down lower... say to check for new stories every few minutes or so.
    09-15-09 04:15 PM
    Odd...I was considering writing an app to do exactly this a few days ago. Unfortunately for you, (and fortunately for me) I don't write software for Windoze.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-15-09 05:46 PM
    What about something like: Feed My Inbox ~ RSS to Email ~ Feed to Email

or: rss2email - a free tool for delivering news from RSS feeds to your email program (rss2email)

The first is a service so your PC doesn't even need to be up. The second runs on Windows or Unix.
    09-15-09 06:05 PM
    Thank you for your continued help Hoochie-Coo...

Feedmyinbox is really cool, but it only pushes the feeds once every day or so... rss2email is pretty cool, but I had a hard time getting the authenticated feeds to work... Something like rss2email is EXACTLY what I want, that way I can control the amount of queries (and feeds) to my BB.

To do a manual pull every x minutes would waste the battery unnecessarily, when it could be pushed!
    09-15-09 09:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD