worked at big corp and outlook e-mails, calendar, tasks and contacts showed on desktop and bb simultaneouly; now independent and use POP 3; can I duplicate simultaneous reciept I had at corp?
    01-09-11 10:30 PM
    The corp company most likely had BES which would sync contacts, calendar, tasks and email. Unfortunately its only available on BES. Only emails will work unless you have Outlook web access and use BESX which is free. Never used it but look at the requirements and see if it would work for you.

BlackBerry - Enterprise Server Express - Free Download
    01-09-11 10:43 PM
    I use BESX and it works great but i have a server at home and such, it takes some power you have to host exchange and besx.
    01-09-11 10:49 PM
    Did your company issue you your BlackBerry through their IT dept?
    01-09-11 10:49 PM
    Did your company issue you your BlackBerry through their IT dept?
    Read the original post.

worked at big corp and outlook e-mails, calendar, tasks and contacts showed on desktop and bb simultaneouly; now independent and use POP 3; can I duplicate simultaneous reciept I had at corp?
    01-09-11 11:04 PM
    If also the Blackberry is the same one as when you worked for the corporation. You may have to delete the IT policy before you can use it with BESX or BIS
    01-09-11 11:10 PM
    Read the original post.
    While one might assume his previous employer gave him a BES connected device, he didn't say his company gave him the BlackBerry. Some random guy at his job could've just set it up so it synced (using Google Sync, Google Calendar Sync, cloud software etc, for example).

Also, I was simply taking it step by step, making the guy feel comfortable and slowly getting him to the answer he was looking for by trying to get as much info out of him as possible.

EDIT: And oh yeah, I was talking about the BlackBerry he had when he worked at "Big Corp." Not the one he uses now.
    Last edited by CASH; 01-09-11 at 11:32 PM.
    01-09-11 11:29 PM
    Thanks for comments.

Previous employer supplied blackberry, but bought new one (Curve 8330) after leaving. Use Sprint as provider. Have to sync with BB desktop and usb cable. Just is not productive when I'm out of town and away from computer. Need to be able to make changes to tasks, contacts and calendar with BB and have them simultaneously change on computer.
    01-10-11 08:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD