I just got my outlook email set up, its (username)@charter.net. I added it to my list of email accounts on my verizon bis login page. I am wondering if I will receive pushed email to this account on my blackberry device or will I receive the normal delay time. Also, is there anyway it can be set up so that my sent messages from my blackberry from (username)@charter.net appear in the sent box in outlook? Basically, I'd like to have both snyched together. I tried searching a bit online and saw someone mention Email Re-director. Is this the only solution?
    01-30-09 05:59 PM
    This thread has reached the dreaded "second page" . Anyone have any ideas?
    01-30-09 11:55 PM
    If you want a total solution to sync, you want BPS which is a free download if you have knowedge of the exchange server.

You might also want to read up on the BB redirector here.

Livelink - Redirection
    01-31-09 08:48 AM
    How about copying yourself on your emails sent from your BB. Then create a rule in Outlook to move those to your sent folder. You could also add a filter at your BIS site so those emails that you copy yourself on don't come back to your BB.

Also, if you want your Charter email to be pushed immediately, forward it to your BB email address. Then log into your BIS site and change the outgoing email address on your BB email account to your charter.net email address.
    01-31-09 08:57 AM
    How about copying yourself on your emails sent from your BB. Then create a rule in Outlook to move those to your sent folder. You could also add a filter at your BIS site so those emails that you copy yourself on don't come back to your BB.

Also, if you want your Charter email to be pushed immediately, forward it to your BB email address. Then log into your BIS site and change the outgoing email address on your BB email account to your charter.net email address.
    I actually tried this, the problem is that when I receive the forwarded email to my blackberry email and I want to reply, it replies back to my outlook email and not the original sender. Do you know how I might be able to fix this with some kind of message rules? I am using outlook express so I know my options are more limited.
    01-31-09 10:46 AM
    I actually tried this, the problem is that when I receive the forwarded email to my blackberry email and I want to reply, it replies back to my outlook email and not the original sender. Do you know how I might be able to fix this with some kind of message rules? I am using outlook express so I know my options are more limited.
    You don't set up the forwarding in Outlook, you set it up with your email provider. Log into your Charter webmail, you should be able to set it up in there. Also, make sure you select the option to leave a copy of it on your server so the mail will also be delivered to you Outlook inbox.
    01-31-09 11:01 AM
    I did the above, which makes sense but it seems to not be working.

I logged into my charter account and had it forward a copy to my blackberry.net email. When I logged into my BIS account, I had my blackberry.net email forward a copy of any sent messages to my charter email and have it automatically mark as read and put in the sent mailbox.

WHen I send a test email to my charter account, I immediately receive it on my blackberry.net email on my device. That is fine and what I want but two things are not working:

1. A copy isn't staying in the charter inbox, it seems to be forwarding it directly even though I have it specified on forward and leave a copy.

2. When I reply on my blackberry.net email from my device, the original sender never receives the email and the charter email doesn't receive a copy in the sent mailbox.

Thank you for all your help, you got me on the right track, just don't seem to know why the above 2 problems are happening. Do you have any more suggestions?
    01-31-09 11:26 AM
    So I got everything working, the only problem is that the sent emails from my device are not ending up in the charter sent email.... hmm
    Last edited by tom1l21; 01-31-09 at 11:54 AM.
    01-31-09 11:32 AM
    So I got everything working, the only problem is that the sent emails from my device are not ending up in the charter sent email.... hmm
    Try Auto BCC instead of Auto Forward. Also, make sure you set up a filter on your BIS site, otherwise emails will go round and round endlessly.
    Last edited by hilmar2k; 01-31-09 at 12:00 PM.
    01-31-09 11:57 AM
    Try Auto BCC instead of Auto Forward. Also, make sure you set up a filter on your BIS site, otherwise emails will go round and round endlessly.

Yep, had to do auto BCC. After a multitude of filters and forwards, I was able to get it to work perfectly! The only problem, is that my charter inbox only pulls emails every few minutes so my blackberry actually gets them first. I have to log out of charter on the desktop and then log back in to get it right away (page refresh doesn't work). Kind of annoying but everything else is working great. Thank you a ton!
    01-31-09 12:23 PM
    No problem. I am glad you have it working properly.
    01-31-09 12:25 PM
    No problem. I am glad you have it working properly.
    I originally set up my charter email because I was told by an apparently "clueless" csr that there was no email limit. Apparently, they only allow 50 outgoing emails per hour. What a joke, do you know how many emails gmail allows in one day? Looks like I might have to start stepping out of the free services and look to some pay ones.
    01-31-09 12:33 PM
    I originally set up my charter email because I was told by an apparently "clueless" csr that there was no email limit. Apparently, they only allow 50 outgoing emails per hour. What a joke, do you know how many emails gmail allows in one day? Looks like I might have to start stepping out of the free services and look to some pay ones.
    You need to send more than 50 emails an hour? Spamming via BB?

I think Gmail would be a good option.
    01-31-09 12:46 PM
    You need to send more than 50 emails an hour? Spamming via BB?

I think Gmail would be a good option.
    Its a newsletter/mass mailer thing for customers that I have. I think Gmail has a limit of 100 per day but not sure.
    01-31-09 12:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
";