I want to purchase a Z10 "Sim Free" from CarPhoneWarehouse.
    My question is ; "Sim Free" means unlocked correct?
    Do they ship to worldwide?
    Has anyone who doesn't live in the UK have experience with this?
    01-31-13 06:50 PM
    I'm not sure about the SIM card (I think so?) but the taxes on that import would be ridiculous...
    01-31-13 07:01 PM
    SIm-free is unlocked.

UK Mainland shipping only.
    01-31-13 07:29 PM
    Is there an online place in the UK that will ship overseas?
    01-31-13 07:48 PM
    01-31-13 08:01 PM
    I have pre-ordered with them. At least they don't take your money until they are shipping. They seem to be taking their time getting information though. Or maybe time has slowed since the release.
    01-31-13 08:08 PM
    Another one is Smartphones, Tablets, HTC, Motorola, BlackBerry - from Clove. They don't anticipate stock until early March though. No point in that as our release date is supposedley March 12th anyway.
    01-31-13 08:13 PM
    No point in that as our release date is supposedley March 12th anyway.
    Wait, the official date has been announced? Did I miss an article?
    01-31-13 08:38 PM
    Wait, the official date has been announced? Did I miss an article?
    No, but that's what the girl at MobiCity told me. Sounds about right.
    01-31-13 08:51 PM
    Why don't you guys wait until tuesday when Canada gets them? I'm sure a bunch will show up on ebay and the shipping/wait time won't be as ridiculous. You could even send one of the trusted crackberry members across the border and buy a bunch from koodoo mobile for $550 and ship them out to you guys. I'm sure someone would do this for a small fee.

Smuggling Z10's across the border like cocaine.
    01-31-13 09:05 PM
    Why don't you guys wait until tuesday when Canada gets them? I'm sure a bunch will show up on ebay and the shipping/wait time won't be as ridiculous. You could even send one of the trusted crackberry members across the border and buy a bunch from koodoo mobile for $550 and ship them out to you guys. I'm sure someone would do this for a small fee.

That's what I'm hoping to do. Is there anyone willing to do it that's trustworthy?
    01-31-13 09:25 PM

The one I'd need will have to have the LTE Band 3 - 1800mhz. I'm not sure the Canadian ones have that.
    01-31-13 09:50 PM
    That's what I'm hoping to do. Is there anyone willing to do it that's trustworthy?
    I'm kinda surprised the CB team isn't planning on doing this, given the circumstances
    01-31-13 09:53 PM
    I looked them up, but is that a trustworthy site? And are their devices unbranded?
    01-31-13 10:51 PM
    I looked them up, but is that a trustworthy site? And are their devices unbranded?
    They are pretty good.

But the tech specs of their Z10s don't make sense. For HSPA/WCDMA they list bands "850/2100." That won't work on any US carrier.

Edit: I forgot 850 MHz is AT&T's HSPA band in some markets. Sorry about that.
    Last edited by raino; 02-01-13 at 01:04 PM.
    02-01-13 12:51 AM
    They are pretty good.

But the tech specs of their Z10s don't make sense. For HSPA/WCDMA they list bands "850/2100." That won't work on any US carrier.
    Thanks!

I noticed that, also. Are there any Canadian retailers that are selling unlocked Z10s next week? I'm on AT&T and would love to take advantage of its LTE network. I don't mind waiting, but why not just try and purchase an unlocked device a month and a half earlier, right?
    02-01-13 04:30 AM
    Just wanted to update here: Expansys has added the Canadian Z10 to their line-up for pre-order:
    BlackBerry� Z10 Smartphone Black Canadian (Unlocked) #Z10-CA - Expansys USA

I'm not sure if the supported bands are correct or if they just used the same specs they used for the UK version. From what's there now, it doesn't seem like there's any difference from their Canadian offering and their UK one (as neither of them are compatible with AT&T's LTE network). This may change as the Canadian carriers launch next week, though.
    02-01-13 11:14 AM
    Just wanted to update here: Expansys has added the Canadian Z10 to their line-up for pre-order:
    BlackBerry� Z10 Smartphone Black Canadian (Unlocked) #Z10-CA - Expansys USA

I'm not sure if the supported bands are correct or if they just used the same specs they used for the UK version. From what's there now, it doesn't seem like there's any difference from their Canadian offering and their UK one (as neither of them are compatible with AT&T's LTE network). This may change as the Canadian carriers launch next week, though.
    I amended my previous post, because AT&T does use the 850 MHz band for HSPA (can't say in which markets. They own 1900 MHz spectrum too.) But Expansys doesn't have anything about LTE specs, so I'd ask for some clarification.
    FlashFlare11 likes this.
    02-01-13 01:09 PM
    I amended my previous post, because AT&T does use the 850 MHz band for HSPA (can't say in which markets. They own 1900 MHz spectrum too.) But Expansys doesn't have anything about LTE specs, so I'd ask for some clarification.
    I did speak with them and was told that those were the specs listed. They still aren't sure about when they'd begin shipping and also as to whether their devices would be carrier branded. He said the info they have is pretty much "up in the air."
    02-01-13 09:33 PM