I am having a real tough time deciding which blackberry phone i want to upgrade. my current service is verizon. right now i have a curve 8330. i want to stick to the blackberry service so i am wondering if anyone could help me out with somewhat of a decision. right now i have the curve 8330. i have been interested in the storm 2 for a while now, because i really like the idea of touchscreen. the curve 8530 looks very clean and is similiar to my curve now, which i love. i have also heard good things about the tour. i am just skeptical about the storm 2 because i have heard there has been issues with the phone.

my interest are:
    -email
    -blackberry messanger
    -i lost my ipod so i want to use my phone as my media player. (putting all my songs from my computer to the phone and also playing slacker and pandora radio). i want he phone to run smooth too when i am playing music and not have problems with freezing and me having to do a battery pull.
    -i would like to watch videos, youtube videos, video clips, and maybe even a movie.
    -i would like the phone to be quick and responsive(who doesnt)

i would really appreciate any help at all.

thank you
    12-04-09 10:00 AM
    I love my Storm2, haven't had any problems with it at all. But the Curve (all forms, as you've probably experienced) is a great phone as well.

I'd recommend dropping by a store and playing with a Storm2 - type on it, navigate some menus - to see if you like how it works. If not, the move to 8530 should be pretty seemless as you're coming from an 8330.
    12-04-09 10:22 AM
    I think you would be fine with either phone.
    12-04-09 10:28 AM
    From what I've seen in the forums, most people who are looking for an entertainment-type device (music, web browsing, videos) prefer the Storm, but if you text a lot or have to type out long emails then most prefer having the physical keyboard of the Tour.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-04-09 10:56 AM
    The great thing about typing on the storm is that you can turn in sideways with full keyboard and go like **** with both thumbs OR you can type in portrait view with suretype (I think full keypad in portrait view is too small) for quick one-handed typing.
    12-04-09 11:16 AM
    PK....I can't find it anywhere, but does the S2 show the letters above what you hit now or is it still the blue glow?
    12-04-09 11:19 AM
    Yeah, I say Storm2 for the multimedia functions, and the keyboard should be better with the Storm2, I'd take it for a test drive if I were you...
    12-04-09 11:23 AM
    I agree with JayKayBee, however here is my take:

Curve 8520/8530 is a great balance between an entertainment and business type BlackBerry. Taking the Bold out of this (the flagship), Storm2 represents as much as entertainment as one could expect and the Tour delivers a great experience with the special full QWERTY keyboard and world phone capability most likely pleasing business users. What is left is the Curve series.

Curve 8520/8530 is great in that it has dedicated media keys, though I am not sure if the quality and resolution of the display is good enough for watching movies. Personally I feel the physical size of a display on any QWERTY BlackBerry is too small for watching movies, but Storm2 with the large screen does have the "problem" with it that it is a touch screen device. You may or may not like typing with SurePress, make sure to try this out before deciding to purchase any BlackBerry if you can.

You would be happy with either one though. Good luck!
    P.S. I am in the middle of a decision too, just a few hours ago sold my Curve in person and have a Nokia temporarily haha
    12-04-09 11:24 AM
    PK....I can't find it anywhere, but does the S2 show the letters above what you hit now or is it still the blue glow?
    Still the blue glow, BUT I have heard that feature IS coming and will be selectable. It's pretty functional now thou, and the surepress on the S2 is MUCH more functional than on the S1, even without the popup letters.
    12-04-09 12:46 PM
    Thanks, I thought I saw where it will be user selectable.....
    12-04-09 12:50 PM
    If youre pretty much looking for a multimedia phone then go with the storm 2. The screen size is good for the videos and music.
    12-04-09 12:58 PM
    thanks for all the advice everyone...i really like the storm 2 and what it has to offer. again, i was reading through the storm 2 problem forums and it just seemed like tons of issues were going on with the phone. i have had very few issues with my curve now. i know that i was in the "problems" forum but i didnt expect so many problems to occur with the phone.

i will head to the store and play with a few BB's but it seems like everyone is guiding me towards storm 2.

thanks for all the help again. being on crackberry everyone is so supportive and helpful
    12-04-09 07:00 PM
    Get the tour. It'll serve you just as good with music and videos. The screen isn't as big but you'll have a physical keyboard.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-04-09 07:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD