Hello Everyone,

I currently own an LG EnV Touch, and hate it! It turns off almost 7 times a day and resets the factory settings. I have complained to Verizon about it and told them that I wanted to change my phone to a Blackberry. To make the long story short, they didn't allow me to change it, not until August when I'm eligible for an upgrade. I don't think I could wait that long with this phone, it's really annoying.

I want to ask, is it safe to buy a Blackberry on ebay? I'm trying to get a Blackberry 8530. Or should I just wait for the Bold 9650?

Thank you so much!
    04-19-10 02:16 AM
    Buying a BlackBerry on eBay can be easy and convenient, but you have to be careful. Make sure you buy it from a known seller. There are a lot of sellers that have sold thousands of these devices. Try and find one of those. Make sure the ESN is clean, which if you find a power seller that has a positive rating of 90 something percent or higher, you won't have to worry so much about that. You can get them for a lot cheaper than you would in the store and it is safer than craigslist or swapping in the market. Good luck with your ebay purchase.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-19-10 02:27 AM
    Buying a BlackBerry on eBay can be easy and convenient, but you have to be careful. Make sure you buy it from a known seller. There are a lot of sellers that have sold thousands of these devices. Try and find one of those. Make sure the ESN is clean, which if you find a power seller that has a positive rating of 90 something percent or higher, you won't have to worry so much about that. You can get them for a lot cheaper than you would in the store and it is safer than craigslist or swapping in the market. Good luck with your ebay purchase.

well said. Ive bought at least 100 berries on Ebay and only had issues with two of them and one was resolved. Check out the sellers return policy, reputable sellers will give you at least 10 days to return it if there's a problem-stay away from those who state "no returns accepted".
    04-19-10 06:24 AM
    I use craigslist.org to buy my last three blackberrys.
    04-19-10 06:33 AM
    Thank you so much for all your tips! Let's see if I get lucky on ebay!
    04-19-10 06:15 PM
    I'd go craigslist and meet up at the carriers store and make sure the PIN/ESN is clean
    04-19-10 06:18 PM
    I just got a 9700 off of eBay. But like others have said go with a power seller and you should be fine. One thing on BB is that not only dose the ESN have to be clear the BB pin must be cleared also. Search how to clear a pin and you should find what you need.

04-19-10 06:27 PM
    Don't forget, Verizon will make you add on $30 monthly for Internet and Data; its not an option.
    04-19-10 06:34 PM
    Good luck

04-19-10 06:43 PM
    Have you tried the marketplace here on CB (http://forums.crackberry.com/f14/)

I've read good reviews from others that have bought here.
    04-19-10 06:53 PM
    I just got a 9700 off of eBay. But like others have said go with a power seller and you should be fine. One thing on BB is that not only dose the ESN have to be clear the BB pin must be cleared also. Search how to clear a pin and you should find what you need.

That's a good point. The PIN has to be cleared but if you buy from a power seller that should be all good.

04-19-10 08:12 PM
    I've bought BB's on eBay, here in Marketplace, and even from resellers like thenow defunct Zendoo.com. I've never had a problem anywhere, so I guess I'm lucky. The advice here is good. Pick a reputable seller (hundreds of feedback and power seller), read the description carefully, and choose wisely. Avoid the "gougers" who want much more than usual and customary prices and pay attention to shipping prices. Some want so much for shipping. I bought a berry from a guy who wanted $20 for UPS shipping. When I got the package, it cost him $8 to ship. Yeah, it's bizzness, but come on!
    04-19-10 11:47 PM
    Some of the ads say Dual sim Dual standby with multi-media 1.Phone type: bold with TV, dual sim card & two standy, support WIFI, JAVA but RIM did not make any blackberry with Dual Sim capability or with TV or FM Radio.....

Just Becarfeul

04-20-10 12:04 PM
    Warnings when buying BlackBerry phones...

Always ask the seller to have the BIS account zeroed by the carrier before they ship the phone. Many carriers aren't ready and willing to zero out a BIS account for non-customers, since it's the last step in stealing a BlackBerry.

Ask if the phone was once company property and released to the current owner. Odds are, BES services have left an irritating IT policy on the phone. While removable by end users, it's a PITA, so have the seller direct their IT department to send a blank IT policy to that phone.

DO NOT BUY UNLOCKED BLACKBERRY PHONES. Why? Simple. It costs $2.50 to get a BB unlocked. Why pay an extra $50 for an unlocked BlackBerry versus one that's carrier-locked? eBay forbids the selling of unlock codes now, but if you look, you can still find reputable sources.
    04-20-10 12:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD