I'm having some trouble getting my 9700 from AT&T to work properly. I'm able to get both the AT&T Network and wifi to work. However, when both of these services are available, the phone seems to default to the AT&T network as opposed to wifi. This is the exact opposite of what I want it to do. I want to use wifi when available and the AT&T network whenever wifi isn't in range.

There is a black and white wifi icon underneath the 3G icon on the phone. However, when I launch the browser, the wifi icon disappears leaving only the 3G icon.

Anyone have a fix for me? Thanks!
    02-15-11 11:24 PM
    if i recall, in the wifi options, theres a thing for data to default to wifi over 3G when available. make sure that option is checked.
    02-15-11 11:44 PM
    You could turn off the mobile network and everything will go through wifi. Or you could set it to EDGE (2G) instead of 3G. Maybe AT&T is restricting your access to wifi, which isn't a nice thing for a carrier to do. Probably a ploy to get you to use more data.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-17-11 12:43 AM
    Hi...hoping to get help in almost same issue.

In my case, my wifi is configured, but always unchecked in the setup area for connections...I have to put the check box in there and I get wifi over 3G. However, the check box becomes unchecked (not sure when or how) and its frustrating me!

How do I get my phone to always have the wifi checked? So that when I leave my network, it finds only 3G and then when I return, it finds my wifi and then prioritizes my wifi over 3G
    02-19-11 11:02 AM
    First poster needs to check settings...

Options - Mobile Networks - Wifi Preferred

Kezug needs to try stupid battery pull, then perform a security wipe after a backup through Desktop Manager. If that solves nothing then a warranty exchange. If no warranty do a complete wipe & reload of OS using BBSAK.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-19-11 05:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD