Just checked PlayBook and new site also works flawlessly there. Woo Hoo!!!!

Z30-simply the best touch screen BlackBerry
    This just brought my playbook back to life!

Edit: nvm, playbook is still dead, rip, should have read entire thread before getting excited.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-15 05:14 PM
    Just got in touch with Netflix support. Their solution was: try to load Chrome on your BB10 device, Chrome does play using html5... (I don't actually intend to try this, because it defeats the purpose of not having to install an Android app).
    _____

I suggest everyone log on to Netflix immediately and open a Support Chat/Call. Ask them to send a request to the Tech department (or whatever they call it) to enable the html5 player for the BlackBerry browser. If they really already have an html5 player, it should be the easiest implementation in the world to just add the proper User Agent so our browser is recognised.

Oh and ask them to add a Frikkin' webicon too, so we can make a normal looking Web Shortcut on our homescreens!
    06-16-15 05:27 PM
    This thread is proof that people will thank and like without actually checking the facts, based on speculations and assumptions.
    Why is this thread even here I don't understand, netflix obviously doesn't let you play the videos on BB devices.

Did anyone try a different browser to see if Netflix recognizes it?
    rthonpm likes this.
    06-16-15 05:56 PM
    Haha oops, OP here... I saw the news story online, loaded up the site and it worked great on my phone, but indeed never tried to play a video. OK, so it's not quite there yet! :P

Mods can you please edit my title?
    06-16-15 06:13 PM
    My Brother had his iPhone for a year and when I asked him what apps he has installed, he hadn't even opened the app store. BB10 would have worked just fine for him and he is not alone. I have seen many smartphone users that have no apps other than what the phone came with. In fact, the last two phones I set up for people had no BBID added so their core apps were not even current nor was their OS. Many users just don't give a ****.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-15 06:14 PM
    It's not just this post, it's an overarching problem on crackberry, every time there is something, JUST ABOUT ANYTHING That will support the argument about BlackBerry (even by the slightest of margins) or shows how android or ios is inferior (even by the slightest of margins), no one will check the facts and will give a thumbs up and favorite to the thread. In their heads, it's like "a moral victory for us with blackberry". Just the other day there was a thread about how "iPhone users have a bad habit of flipping the phone sideways when taking a picture, my friend did that with my passport", seeing the words "bad habit" was probably a calling for all those petty blackberry fans (not everyone) and boom it was probably nominated post of the year

Posted via CB10
    Witmen and heading4tomorrow like this.
    06-16-15 06:18 PM
    My Brother had his iPhone for a year and when I asked him what apps he has installed, he hadn't even opened the app store. BB10 would have worked just fine for him and he is not alone. I have seen many smartphone users that have no apps other than what the phone came with. In fact, the last two phones I set up for people had no BBID added so their core apps were not even current nor was their OS. Many users just don't give a ****.
    ... but clearly not enough to keep BBRY from fretting.

We keep on hearing about folks that supposedly don't need apps, but if I were designing the "perfect" OS, I'd take a good ecosystem every time. Better to cater to both parties (app lovers and app-agnostics).

Everybody can be happy.

Not that you're saying this, but NOT having apps that other platforms have is not an advantage.
    06-16-15 06:37 PM
    Alright, alright. Let's bed this one till someone can actually say it really works... if that even happens lol.
    06-16-15 07:13 PM
58 123