For any Netflix users out there who don't want to sideload the Android app, they've revamped their mobile site and it now works perfectly on BB10. No more need for an app.

https://mobilesyrup.com/2015/06/15/n...endly-website/

FYI they say it's still "rolling out" so if you don't happen to see it based on your region check back soon.
    06-15-15 11:59 PM
    Awesome! Just read about this update of their website and was hoping it will work on bb10.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-15 12:08 AM
    Not on my region yet. Rats

Posted via CB10
    06-16-15 12:19 AM
    Not on my region yet. Rats

Posted via CB10
    They say it will take about 2 weeks to fully roll out so check back at the start of July!
    thymaster likes this.
    06-16-15 12:53 AM
    Nice should work well on BB10

Posted via CB10
    06-16-15 01:45 AM
    There you have it, html 5 is the way to go. I'm not a fan of installing apps either because you don't know what your installing, it could be a malware infected code. Overtime, apps can slow down, their ads can slow down, they use more battery juice and they hog up memories. Updating apps regular is tiresome and uses up your data over time. They cost more to make and even more to maintain. It narrows down it's audience to just a certain platform unless your company is rich and got a lot of money, you can build apps for every platform but there still is no guarantees people will install them. Each app have different ways of navigation and interface so more learning curve for each app. It's buggy and my friends always ask me what's wrong with this and that app and how do I fix it.

I think people are so warped up about apps that they forget that there are more downside to apps. Some people may have a hundred app installed but only use 3 of them regularly and 5 weekly. Their device slows down and they blame it on the phone manufacturers instantly.

Some people don't even install apps beyond what is pre-installed on their phones. Many people I know who aren't tech savvy don't even know how to install apps. Most of them just prefer the plain old fashion web browser. I have a few apps stored on my phone but 95% of my daily internet activity is still the native browser. Facebook, Twitter, Flipboard Shazam and Viber are the other 5%. Call me old fashion but I think the most powerful IOT is still the web browser.

This is great to see Netflix moving to HTML 5. Maybe then they will realize how much money they will save if they end the app ecosystem and maintaining only their website. It's also easier for everyone to access the contents over the browser.
    bh7171, Sarek1701, lift and 6 others like this.
    06-16-15 02:07 AM
    There you have it, html 5 is the way to go. I'm not a fan of installing apps either because you don't know what your installing, it could be a malware infected code. Overtime, apps can slow down, their ads can slow down, they use more battery juice and they hog up memories. Updating apps regular is tiresome and uses up your data over time. They cost more to make and even more to maintain. It narrows down it's audience to just a certain platform unless your company is rich and got a lot of money, you can build apps for every platform but there still is no guarantees people will install them. Each app have different ways of navigation and interface so more learning curve for each app. It's buggy and my friends always ask me what's wrong with this and that app and how do I fix it.

I think people are so warped up about apps that they forget that there are more downside to apps. Some people may have a hundred app installed but only use 3 of them regularly and 5 weekly. Their device slows down and they blame it on the phone manufacturers instantly.

Some people don't even install apps beyond what is pre-installed on their phones. Many people I know who aren't tech savvy don't even know how to install apps. Most of them just prefer the plain old fashion web browser. I have a few apps stored on my phone but 95% of my daily internet activity is still the native browser. Facebook, Twitter, Flipboard Shazam and Viber are the other 5%. Call me old fashion but I think the most powerful IOT is still the web browser.
    You are rigth. I hope BlackBerry let us open more than 1 native browser. I am not talking about open in new tabs but open in a new active frame. That could work as an app and the browser could be free to use for searches etc.

Posted via Q10Bold
    06-16-15 02:13 AM
    Yup. I use the WSJ mobile site instead of the app now. Much better and cleaner. Fandago mobile site is pretty good as well.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-15 07:44 AM
    Not in US, or my neck of the woods, as it says I need Silverlight to play videos......using Passport.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-15 07:57 AM
    Videos in the browser usually have the play on feature as well, I'm crossing my fingers that it will be there for netflix so that I can stream the videos from passport to my netgear push2tv

Posted via CB10
    06-16-15 08:54 AM
    PSA: new Netflix html5 mobile site works great on BB10-img_20150616_150935.png

Posted via CB10 from BlackBerry Passport
    06-16-15 09:09 AM
    Very nice!
    06-16-15 09:14 AM
    Excellent! Love the html 5 moves. More and more companies will be doing the same. I made the switch of our business website to html 5 and it renders beautiful on all devices. (tablets, phones, computers)

Z30-simply the best touch screen BlackBerry
    thymaster likes this.
    06-16-15 09:14 AM
    Awesome. All good here in California. And bam! I just deleted the app.... and added the link to my home screen.

thymaster and playpen007 like this.
    06-16-15 09:24 AM
    The only value this would have for me is if it will allow the use of Chromcast.
    06-16-15 09:35 AM
    I noticed a music mixing board also using an html app. There selling feature can be used on any platform. Now this... great!

Posted via CB10
    06-16-15 09:44 AM
    Just checked PlayBook and new site also works flawlessly there. Woo Hoo!!!!

06-16-15 09:45 AM
    can view the listings but cannot play the movies....browser not supported...any ideas....
    06-16-15 10:06 AM
    There you have it, html 5 is the way to go. I'm not a fan of installing apps either because you don't know what your installing, it could be a malware infected code.
    HTML5 offers no protection from malware. You do realize don't you that it is also loaded with JavaScript.

A 5 minute overview of all new JavaScript APIs in HTML5
    06-16-15 10:21 AM
    Just checked PlayBook and new site also works flawlessly there. Woo Hoo!!!!

Have you actually got it to to play a movie on the Playbook? Just loading the site is not much use.
    06-16-15 10:34 AM
    Have you actually got it to to play a movie on the Playbook?
    The Crackberry definition of "works flawlessly" is a little different from the normal definition of "flawless".

Won't BB have to update the BB10 browser for movies to actually play on their devices? Or did they do this already?

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
    06-16-15 10:39 AM
    Someone show me it actually working.. lol. Logging in and browsing is entirely different than actually playing a video. It always allowed you to log in via desktop mode... just won't play back video as it says not compatible or you need to install Silverlight.

PSA: new Netflix html5 mobile site works great on BB10-img_20150616_081626.jpgPSA: new Netflix html5 mobile site works great on BB10-img_20150616_081539.jpg
    06-16-15 10:43 AM
    I don't have a Netflix account but have you tried switching to mobile view mode? If you have and it still doesn't work then it must be a region thing like op mentioned. Check back in a weeks or two.

Someone show me it actually working.. lol. Logging in and browsing is entirely different than actually playing a video. It always allowed you to log in via desktop mode... just won't play back video as it says not compatible or you need to install Silverlight.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150616_081626.jpg 
Views:	701 
Size:	93.5 KB 
ID:	357882Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150616_081539.jpg 
Views:	704 
Size:	127.0 KB 
ID:	357884
    06-16-15 10:53 AM
    Hello, I'm in San Jose California with Z30 BB10.3.2 and Netflix still not working for me. When click play, I got this screen instead. See attached screen:
    PSA: new Netflix html5 mobile site works great on BB10-img_20150616_084012.png

Awesome. All good here in California. And bam! I just deleted the app.... and added the link to my home screen.

06-16-15 10:54 AM
    This is great news. I heard from Netflix support that they were moving away from Silverlight, it took a long time but happy to see it.

Posted via CB10
    Wolfgan likes this.
    06-16-15 11:07 AM
58 123