I had an account over at the official support forums and I'm sad to see them go. Hats off to JSanders, who has helped a great number of people over the years. A class act.
    +1 and @jsanders also here too!
    03-30-17 01:31 AM
    He'd be welcome on the Q&A Team! Was not uncommon for me to refer people to his solutions at the BlackBerry Support forum in the past, OR for him to refer people here. Great guy!
    jsanders, Sigewif and BigBadWulf like this.
    03-30-17 10:18 AM
    I had an account over at the official support forums and I'm sad to see them go. Hats off to JSanders, who has helped a great number of people over the years. A class act.
    He'd be welcome on the Q&A Team! Was not uncommon for me to refer people to his solutions at the BlackBerry Support forum in the past, OR for him to refer people here. Great guy!
    @Shuswap @Uzi @pkcable
    Much appreciated! I'll be around.
    03-30-17 10:39 AM
    @Shuswap @Uzi @pkcable
    Much appreciated! I'll be around.
    Win win!
    pkcable likes this.
    03-30-17 04:25 PM
    One thing to remind people of on this thread is that CrackBerry was already a rocking BIG forum when BlackBerry launched their own BlackBerry Community Support Forums.

I remember when it launched thinking, Why are they even launching their own forums? CrackBerry already rocks this, why would they want to compete with the CrackBerry community?!

So it's important to remember that during their biggest era of growth and device sales they actually didn't even have their own Support Forums back then. The Support forums launched a bit later.

So it's more like were going full circle again and we're back to the beginnings. But that's ok. That's what most of us refer to as the Good 'Ole Days of BlackBerry!
    For the new user CRACKberry is like a narcotic site like hyperreal etc...
    I dont see enterprise users to search solutions on this sites and talk with some freaks,trolls or normal users and use their answers. And trust me, I am a trusted member and I dont think its good for BlackBerry.
    I love CrackBerry but as a business person i think its bad Bad BAD BAD for them!!!!!!!
    We know the name : 'CrackBerry 'since the 20 century but the young ones dont even know the term!!!
    via Passport OG
    03-30-17 05:30 PM
    For the new user CRACKberry is like a narcotic site like hyperreal etc...
    I dont see enterprise users to search solutions on this sites and talk with some freaks,trolls or normal users and use their answers. And trust me, I am a trusted member and I dont think its good for BlackBerry.
    I love CrackBerry but as a business person i think its bad Bad BAD BAD for them!!!!!!!
    We know the name : 'CrackBerry 'since the 20 century but the young ones dont even know the term!!!
    via Passport OG
    Companies have their own support channels.

This does not replace any support infrastructure - just the forum.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    03-30-17 05:57 PM
    Is this an April fools prank? 'Cus the April 1st date seems suspicious but it is BlackBerry after all...
    03-30-17 07:04 PM
    1) TCL/BB will need integration beta tester - not sure where it come from. If TCL can provide pre-releast beta test handset, CB could filled role using some of the expert already on site. There are many issues need to be iron out before release, including processor running extra hot upon video playing, etc.etc. (memory leak is another)
    2) touch and feel of both hardware and OS, and OS integration, task security, including apps rating etc. TCL should utilize CB as well. Based on their idol problem listed on web, appearantly, beta test might not be sufficient in the past. this including different network, such as UK 5 GHz got different regulation compare to NA. CB member would provide excellent test bed and feedback.
    3) legacy BB10, without doubt, CB possibly is better or more popular than official site - just like appleinsider site is more popular than the official apple support site. (apple do have chaps monitoring the site, occationally, you got help from official apple chaps... no kidding, 1st hand experience). If item 1 and 2 become reality, CB can fill the void that BB silly left open. (direct contact customer is one way to hold them near... close the website was very short sighted. people got long memory, it better not impact their other product for long term support, especially, car life is much, much longer than handsets, anyone would want long commitment for support before hand over money, not mention ones own life - if autonomous drive is in play, it may no longer in bb's card now, after the Ford transfer).
    03-30-17 07:22 PM
    Someone else who was very active on both official and CrackBerry, but I haven't seen in a tad, @John Clark

There was a push to get him in the Modfia years ago. Maybe he's willing to join one of the teams now. He'd look great with a badge under his name!
    James Nieves likes this.
    03-31-17 08:02 AM
    Someone else who was very active on both official and CrackBerry, but I haven't seen in a tad, @John Clark

There was a push to get him in the Modfia years ago. Maybe he's willing to join one of the teams now. He'd look great with a badge under his name!
    Thanks for the words of encouragement! I've been around and have been posting now and then but, no, not a lot. I'm sure I'll be around a bit more now since our other hangout has been pulled out from under us.
    BigBadWulf and stlabrat like this.
    03-31-17 09:07 AM
    Is this an April fools prank? 'Cus the April 1st date seems suspicious but it is BlackBerry after all...
    If only.
    03-31-17 09:08 AM
    "... And trust me, I am a trusted member and I dont think its good for BlackBerry..."

PSA: BlackBerry Support Community Forums now directing users to CrackBerry-91ygaq.jpg
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    03-31-17 10:31 AM
    Will the BB site be archived and remain searchable? I didn't spend my time there but probably there is some useful information there.
    03-31-17 11:01 AM
    as long as BB didn't pull it off from the web, it would be there forever... Internet got extremely long memory plus google archived pages... never catch Alzheimer (except prior to internet age... some of the doc are non-existence.. write off from the history).
    pkcable and jope28 like this.
    03-31-17 01:51 PM
    Will the BB site be archived and remain searchable? I didn't spend my time there but probably there is some useful information there.
    It's my understanding they'll be pulling the plug. I hope I'm wrong! Maybe if that's the case, @CrackBerry Kevin can offer to maintain an archive here.
    03-31-17 08:30 PM
    It's my understanding they'll be pulling the plug. I hope I'm wrong! Maybe if that's the case, @CrackBerry Kevin can offer to maintain an archive here.

I had a thread over there on writing MMS service books for the legacy devices. A quick check shows that the thread is not in the Internet Archive. I've saved the page and plan to post that information here. If anyone else has material that matters to them over there, I'd suggest doing the same.
    03-31-17 09:25 PM
    Well... today's the day.

The BB support forum is still up and browsable (if that's a word), but every thread is locked.

I was surprised they are closing it all down. I would have thought that they would at least keep the android OS and device forums going and just put it under BlackBerry Mobile.

Guess not.
    anon(8063781) and BigBadWulf like this.
    04-01-17 09:36 AM
    Well... today's the day.

The BB support forum is still up and browsable (if that's a word), but every thread is locked.

I was surprised they are closing it all down. I would have thought that they would at least keep the android OS and device forums going and just put it under BlackBerry Mobile.

Guess not.
    Glad it's not totally taken down at least
    04-01-17 01:43 PM
    BTW who runs the blackberryforums.com? I did a search to find the forums from BlackBerry just to see the reference to CB and came across them.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-17 08:32 PM
    BTW who runs the blackberryforums.com? I did a search to find the forums from BlackBerry just to see the reference to CB and came across them.

Posted via CB10
    A guy named Tom is their "CrackBerry Kevin". But he left the site and put it up for sale. Some of their Mods are still around, some are members here too. For the most part though it's a ghost town.
    04-01-17 09:11 PM
    A guy named Tom is their "CrackBerry Kevin". But he left the site and put it up for sale. Some of their Mods are still around, some are members here too. For the most part though it's a ghost town.
    Let's absorb that too!

Posted via CB10
    04-01-17 09:13 PM
    Glad it's not totally taken down at least
    Looks like it might be now. Just followed a few links, and all I get is the page sending you here. Basic device help info pages are online.
    04-01-17 11:13 PM
    Yeah, I'm taking another look at it now does look like it's definitely shutdown :/ bummer would have liked to have an archive on the forum repository for search purposes...
    BigBadWulf and howarmat like this.
    04-01-17 11:17 PM
    @BlackBerrySupport are you still active?
    04-02-17 01:08 AM
    Let's absorb that too!

Posted via CB10
    It's all downhill from here. There hasn't been an invasion of /r/blackberry as far as I can tell, though.
    04-02-17 01:31 AM
184 ... 45678