Hi All,

As per the announcement on their site, as of April 1st BlackBerry will be shutting down its BlackBerry Support Community Forums and are now directing users to CrackBerry for help with their questions.

Let's give a big welcome and helping hand to all those BlackBerry users who find their way to CrackBerry's forums!

Here's the official message from BlackBerry:

>>

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or CrackBerry Questions & Answers. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

PSA: BlackBerry Support Community Forums now directing users to CrackBerry-blackberry-support-forums.jpg
    03-27-17 03:03 PM
    Welcome to everyone!
    03-27-17 03:05 PM
    Here to help! Welcome all don't be shy
    03-27-17 03:17 PM
    Does the word "committed" mean something different in Canadian? Because for me it doesn't seem to really fit when BlackBerry uses it.

Very strange they made this move instead of rerouting traffic to an official BlackBerry Mobile Support site.
    03-27-17 03:18 PM
    Does the word "committed" mean something different in Canadian? Because for me it doesn't seem to really fit when BlackBerry uses it.

Very strange they made this move instead of rerouting traffic to an official BlackBerry Mobile Support site.

I believe previously when BlackBerry was responsible for their hardware, which included tech support and warranty work, they did it themselves.

Since BlackBerry Mobile and their relationship with TCL, the costs and responsibility for tech support, service and warranty falls with TCL. I doubt that TCL would have wanted to inherit all the existing BlackBerry users before the agreement so this gives BlackBerry a method to still help existing users without the added cost. At least this is how I take this announcement. Welcome to all

Posted via CB10
    James Nieves likes this.
    03-27-17 03:22 PM
    To all a big warm welcome, this forum is awesome with loads of people willing to help with advice, trouble shooting and more!

Posted via CB10
    James Nieves and Carjackd like this.
    03-27-17 03:25 PM
    Crazy how blackberry isn't supporting itself so much anymore. Reminds me of another company I love... saaaayyyyy gaaaaa

Posted via CB10
    03-27-17 03:26 PM
    Status quo here. Ive always turned to CrackBerry for my support needs when it came to BlackBerry devices!
    03-27-17 03:31 PM
    Crackberry was tier 2 support anyway. The more the merrier.
    03-27-17 03:34 PM
    So how do I collect a paycheck for all the support I provide? ~

Posted via CB10
    xandros9, dom7, Mirko935 and 1 others like this.
    03-27-17 03:38 PM
    I believe previously when BlackBerry was responsible for their hardware, which included tech support and warranty work, they did it themselves.

Since BlackBerry Mobile and their relationship with TCL, the costs and responsibility for tech support, service and warranty falls with TCL.
    This has nothing to do with TCL. BlackBerry is still selling their own handsets, and supposedly has another BB10 software release pending.
    03-27-17 03:38 PM
    Great news! CrackBerry has always been the go to place for users and abusers.
    03-27-17 03:40 PM

This is an incredible opportunity for CrackBerry to pick up some more regular members and keep the positive things rolling that have been happening in the last couple months.

Why drag the negativity into a very positive thread?

If anyone didn't see this coming they are blind. Lets face it, there is more info archived in CB servers than there was ever a BB support forums.

This is a step in the right direction for the resurgence of BlackBerry devices.

I say get them all over here! Start discussion. Learn.

I welcome them all.
    Last edited by Carjackd; 03-27-17 at 08:49 PM.
    03-27-17 03:42 PM
    This has nothing to do with TCL. BlackBerry is still selling their own handsets, and supposedly has another BB10 software release pending.

BlackBerry has laid off almost all of their customer service, tech support and warranty employees since all those responsibilities have been transferred to TCL for the KEYone.

Other devices such as the Priv, we're launched with 12 months tech support have had that support pulled.

In this case I don't know how many BlackBerry employees were active on the support form but I suspect some of the reason for the shut down is to cut costs.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-17 03:43 PM
    Crackberry was tier 2 support anyway. The more the merrier.
    This!!! 110 percent!
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    03-27-17 03:43 PM
    "Its coming soon!"
    03-27-17 03:44 PM
    So how do I collect a paycheck for all the support I provide? ~

Posted via CB10
    CBK will do that for you! ;p

Posted via CB10
    03-27-17 03:45 PM
    "Its coming soon!"
    Blackberry "soon" means several months
    This!!! 110 percent!
    03-27-17 03:46 PM
    My Q&A Team, and I'm sure many MANY helpful CB members are ready to go! Bring it on!!!!!!

If anyone is interested in joining the Q&A Team, now might be an excellent time to apply! See the following two threads for more info....

http://forums.crackberry.com/volunte...-team-1103203/

http://forums.crackberry.com/volunte...berry-1103192/
    I guess you made a good deal there? Big money?

Maybe put a few bucks on the CB10 app development now?

Posted via CB10
    TheBlkGuyFrmWrk and jope28 like this.
    03-27-17 03:55 PM
    Pls to make the google on balckberry

Give answer

Posted via CB10
    03-27-17 03:56 PM
    It's great news and the more the merrier.
    03-27-17 03:59 PM
    If this is happening then please make Ask a Question more thorough.

Right now it's just post title and body. Add a Stack Overflow-like preamble to the question, maybe. But definitely add a section about how to get relevant info from your device (like what device it is in the first place, OS versions, stuff like that). Make it so that we don't have to read the poster's mind to get anywhere, since there aren't any followups without creating an account.
    03-27-17 04:00 PM
    If this is happening then please make Ask a Question more thorough.
    Noted.
    03-27-17 04:10 PM
184 123 ...