Sorry if this is posted in the wrong place, and I did search quite a bit here and on other sites, but I can't figure out what the deal is here.

Whenever I connect the BB (8130) to my PS3 via USB, it seems that it only recognizes the internal memory for the BB, not the media card.

How do I get the PS3 to recognize the 4G card in the BB instead?

Thanks in advance anyone!
    12-30-08 09:07 PM
    Not sure if it makes a difference, but do you have the Mass Storage mode set to On and Auto Enabled?
    12-30-08 09:37 PM
    Not sure if it makes a difference, but do you have the Mass Storage mode set to On and Auto Enabled?

Yep.

When I connect the BB to my PC or laptop, it recognizes that it is a mass storage device as it should.

It's like the BB is 2 drives, but the PS3 is not recognizing the correct one. Urgh...
    12-31-08 12:47 AM
    Nobody have any ideas here? This is really frustrating.
    12-31-08 04:08 PM
    I just linked my Storm to my PS3 no prob...when you plug in the phone to the system it should recognize both drives (device and SD card)

Try plugging in the phone before you turn on the system
    12-31-08 05:42 PM
    Good idea. Will give it a shot.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-31-08 08:26 PM
    Curious, do you have a password set on your Storm? I do, and I'm seeing the same symptoms as the OP. Haven't tried removing the password yet, though.
    12-31-08 09:31 PM
    I do not have password set. I have a pearl but I doubt that it makes a difference.

12-31-08 10:46 PM
    Try putting the sd card in a card reader via the usb port of the ps3.
    01-01-09 04:29 AM
    Try putting the sd card in a card reader via the usb port of the ps3.

that kinda defeats the whole purpose though, doesn't it?

I'm pretty sure that will work, but the intent is to be able to plug the BB straight into the USB port for the PS3 (since it already has the cords attached for recharging the controllers).

Having to remove the SD card takes away any "cool factor".

I'm at home now, so I'll give the "start the PS3 with the BB attached first" method a shot. Will post back results.
    01-01-09 04:14 PM
    Well, I tried connecting the BB to the PS3 prior to powering up the PS3 and it did not make any difference. The PS3 only recognizes the onboard memory area of the BB, and not the media card.

Anyone else have any idea what I can try here?
    01-01-09 07:44 PM
    Mine works perfectly. I had to make a folder for like PHOTOS and stuff. Google it cuz I can't really explain it. Its very easy though

01-01-09 08:31 PM
    So what is the benefit to plugging your blackberry into a PS3???
    01-01-09 08:34 PM
    yu can save files to yur bb instead of the system im assuming. ii never knew this. ii might hafta give it a try tho...
    01-01-09 08:40 PM
    I have a home theater setup with the PS3 attached as my Blu-Ray player (and well, for the PS3 games as well). It's the only way I can play "electronic" media files (MP3's, MPG's, AVI's, etc.) without burning something to a CD or DVD beforehand.

Yes, I can put these files on a flash USB drive, but I don't always have that handy - especially when I'm showing off the HT setup.
    01-01-09 09:03 PM
    SUCCESS!!!

Well, kinda. Kenny817's post reminded me of something peculiar about PS3's and media cards... they require a SPECIFIC folder naming structure.

So, I created a folder named PS3 on the root of my media card (right beside the folder named 'BlackBerry').

And it RECOGNIZED the PS3 folder.

So, now here's a question... maybe one deserving its own thread...

What would be the repercussions of renaming my \BlackBerry\ folder to \PS3\ on my media card?
    01-01-09 09:28 PM
    What would be the repercussions of renaming my \BlackBerry\ folder to \PS3\ on my media card?
    I would guess that your BB would automatically create the Blackberry folder along with all the subfolders when the media card is inserted into your BB for the first time.
    01-01-09 10:36 PM
    The bb uses the structure it creates however on newer os versions it may read files out of other folders..

On older os versions for example if you wanted to use a mp3 as a ringtone it had to be in the ringtone folder this is no longer a issue on the storm and may not be on the Bold.. or other updates os versions not sure

so structure may be effected and may not be effected you can try it to find out
    01-02-09 12:28 AM
    Yeah I summarized everything in this thread. It's all good now. Only a minor hassle to move media files from their "default" location to the PS3-readable location.

This really worked out well.
    01-03-09 12:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD