I too am unable to get the Play On feature to work with my PS3. Here's what I can do though...

1) Once I ensured that my Sony Bravia can 'render', set it up, ensured the my z10 can see the Bravia, I can play my music (tried the video, but for some reason it says unsupported format...). What's awesome is that my TV is connected to my AV receiver, and the music pumps out through high quality speakers!
    2) I can go to my Sony PS3 or Bravia and access music/video on my Z10 - works great for movie/music

So, I guess if I figure out the video part, it doesn't matter if I can play on the PS3 as my TV seems to 'leave' the current 'input' (i.e., whatever is showing through my AV receiver) and start playing the music or (hopefully) video.
    03-01-13 05:18 PM
    My PS3 recognizes my Z10 and shows the video names. When I select to play, it says that the data is corrupted. There was another option to copy, which is in progress right now. I am copying a movie I bought from BB World. Will let you know if it plays after being copied to the PS3.
    03-01-13 06:59 PM
    The video was copied, but will not play. It still shows "corrupted data". On a positive note, I can stream all of my music and photos no problem.
    03-01-13 07:47 PM
    Again you are streaming using the media server and not the play on feature.

As for the Sony bravia thing you should be able to render a video. Are you using mkv's, try a regular avi and go from there.

There was a site where you could download a zip if different commonly encoded formats and then test them and chart out which worked and which didn't.

Remember the Sony will be picky because the TV is rendering the video not the BlackBerry.
    03-02-13 10:45 AM
    I think I will try to network my dlna certified as receiver. Maybe it will have better luck with the video rendering.

Cheers

Posted via CB10
    03-11-13 01:19 PM
    I tweeted Askplaystation and BlackberryHelp on why it doesn't work on the ps3 and it does on the 360, let's see if I get a reply.

Wagwan.
    03-11-13 03:48 PM
    I think you are right. I think the DLNA works but you need to navigate to the files from the ps3. I could be wrong as I haven't tested it yet but from what I know of the ps3 I think that's how it would work.
    Joe - How do you navigate to the files from the PS3 as you state?
    07-20-13 12:48 PM
    I did it via dlna and it works you have to be connected to the same network

Posted via CB10
    07-20-13 12:52 PM
33 12