Hello everyone.

I'm brand new to BB. I just bought a Pearl 8100 the other day. I was wondering if anyone knew how to get into it to set up a proxy IP to get on the internet.

Any help will be appreciated.
    11-29-07 10:37 PM
    Proxy IP's would only be relevant if you were using an application that allowed you to change the way the BB axxs'd the internet, but your browser and WAP browser or any other included programs that axxs the internet are not really axxsable to make changes to them as they are all assigned to filter through the BlackBerry.net APN...what exactly is it that your trying to achieve that you need to adjust your BB to axxs a proxy?
    11-30-07 02:37 AM
    Proxy IP's would only be relevant if you were using an application that allowed you to change the way the BB axxs'd the internet, but your browser and WAP browser or any other included programs that axxs the internet are not really axxsable to make changes to them as they are all assigned to filter through the BlackBerry.net APN...what exactly is it that your trying to achieve that you need to adjust your BB to axxs a proxy?
    In the advanced browser options there are browser and WAP configurations that default to t-zones (I'm a T-Mobile customer). There's got to be a way to unlock that setting to configure the IP address to my proxy that I was my browser to run through. My proxy server through my home cable internet service could allow me to access the web using only my phone minutes as opposed to paying for a data plan through T-Mobile.

There was an "admin" security code on my verizon LG8300 phone that allowed you to re-program that WAP IP address. You had to get to a certain menu, hold a button down and enter a security code. It was a default code... 0000 or something stupid like that... I just typed in my IP address and used my own ISP instead of verizon's.

That's what I'm hoping someone knows how to do with this phone.
    Last edited by honeygrl88; 11-30-07 at 11:40 PM.
    11-30-07 11:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD