Hey folks,

So I've been using my BlackBerry for years now but I never took advantage of the whole "business" side of it.

Now that I am running my own firm, I was looking at project management apps. Can anyone recommend a good app? I have several projects I am working on and keeping track and updating is becoming annoying since I don't have them all synced on my phone. I was thinking maybe if there are cloud based ones where I can edit it not only from my phone, but a computer as well? (Something like PageOnce).

Anyway, any input would be appreciated!
    11-26-12 09:05 AM
    Are you looking for GTD app?
    11-26-12 09:13 AM
    Yeah, like organizing my work projects. For example a section where I can store "thoughts" for a project. Another section would be deadlines, etc...
    11-26-12 09:19 AM
    you can try bHive tasks...its a BB only app and will not sync with any mac/desktop app.
    11-26-12 10:52 AM
    After doing some research, I found Viira, expensive though, but the reviews were all positive. I'm trying it for 14 days. So far so good. I will try bHive as well. Thanks!
    11-26-12 10:55 AM
    Pocket Informant, syncs with toodledo
    11-27-12 12:52 AM
    I work in disaster restoration project management. 2 apps that've worked well for me that are also cross platform are Evernote and Wunderlist. Dropbox is great too for storing files in the cloud.
    11-27-12 01:26 AM
    Hey folks,

So I've been using my BlackBerry for years now but I never took advantage of the whole "business" side of it.

Now that I am running my own firm, I was looking at project management apps. Can anyone recommend a good app? I have several projects I am working on and keeping track and updating is becoming annoying since I don't have them all synced on my phone. I was thinking maybe if there are cloud based ones where I can edit it not only from my phone, but a computer as well? (Something like PageOnce).

Anyway, any input would be appreciated!
    Not EXACTLY project management app, but a good CRM can fill that role pretty well with tasks, all emails tracked and attached to recipients, files and photos attached to either business record or individual records, calendar, etc. Check out BigContacts - Web based so can be accessed phone, desktop, PlayBook, etc. Tell them Doc from Lokring Gulf Coast sent you.
    11-27-12 02:06 AM
    2 week free trial, customize fields as necessary. Great for teams.
    11-27-12 02:09 AM
    There is an actual Project Management app for the Blackberry Handheld called "Project Management". I've been using it for the last year now. It's pretty good. You have have the ability to assigne tasks and you have a gantt chart. You can export the information via excel format, so if you have MS Project on your computer, it can be imported and vice versa. There are also the Rexwireless series of applications for Blackberry. They are Todo Matrix, Idea Matrix and now the Teamwork Matrix. They also make a push application called Rex Connect that you can use to push emails or sms messages to your task list or calendar. They are great applications. I use them as a memo pad and Task Manager along with the rexconnect app. They sync with an online desktop application and also with the native blackberry task and memo pad. So when you sync with outlook, the information from the applications will sync. The RexWireless apps are a little pricy, but worth it to me. Expecially when it comes to Project Management.

Blackberry App World is down for Maintenance right now so I can't give you the link for the first PM app i mentioned. See the link for RexWireless.

REXwireless - SmartPhone Software for Productivity and Success
    11-27-12 02:38 AM
    Have you looked at ToDoMatrix by RexWireless? It's not exactly a Project Management tool but it is a great Task Management tool. It is relatively expensive but then you get what you pay for...

Sent from my BlackBerry 8900 using Tapatalk
    11-27-12 02:38 AM
    Took a quick look. Can't believe I've never heard of them. Could have benefited from their apps in a previous job. Hope they have some BB10 plans.
    11-27-12 02:56 AM
    Have you looked at ToDoMatrix by RexWireless? It's not exactly a Project Management tool but it is a great Task Management tool. It is relatively expensive but then you get what you pay for...

Sent from my BlackBerry 8900 using Tapatalk
    You are correct. They are not exactly Project Management tools "Per Say" but as far as task management, task assignment and tracking, they are great. There really isn't a TRUE PM app for the Blackberry Handheld or the Playbook. I'm hoping there will be a few available for BB10. I really need one for school and work. Back to the point...

The other app I mentioned is called Project Planner. That has more a PM feel to it bc you're able to create and assign tasks and you can view a Gantt Chart. There are 2 pages of PM apps in App world. Go thorugh them and see what's right for you.
    11-27-12 03:53 AM
    Took a quick look. Can't believe I've never heard of them. Could have benefited from their apps in a previous job. Hope they have some BB10 plans.
    Unfortunately there are no plans yet to rewrite ToDoMatrix for BB10.
    11-27-12 07:14 AM
    Have you contacted them asking this? That's kind of strange seeing as how they've been developing and updating their applications for every Blackberry OS that came out. They've been more focused on Blackberry more than any other OS.
    12-03-12 11:01 PM
    Have you contacted them asking this? That's kind of strange seeing as how they've been developing and updating their applications for every Blackberry OS that came out. They've been more focused on Blackberry more than any other OS.
    12-04-12 12:09 AM