I am loving the news about Google's latest Project Ara, er, um project.

I love the idea of having a device with a Sony camera module, an AMD APU module, a Sharp Quattronn screen module, an overclocked memory module, various internal storage modules for various OS bootings by just switching modules, and of course, an official BlackBerry keyboard module..

I just hope BlackBerry can make BB10 compatible. The protocol developed for standardizing the modules is called The MIPI UniPro Protocol Stack and it sounds a lot like the ethernet packet-switching tech that QNX uses in their automobile systems. So its possible that BB10 is adaptable.

I had more to say but correcting horrendous grammar mistakes trips my train of thought right out.

Project Ara
    Last edited by craiggger; 04-10-14 at 05:43 PM.
    04-10-14 05:20 PM
    Project Ara and BlackBerry-48397086.jpg
    Honestly though, chance of this happening = 0%
    04-10-14 05:25 PM
    My bet on the long run is blackberry selling phone to corporation and a keyboard for ARA. They need money so they must take it where it is

Posted via CB10
    04-10-14 05:27 PM
    My bet on the long run is blackberry selling phone to corporation and a keyboard for ARA. They need money so they must take it where it is

Posted via CB10
    It could soon be BlackBerry's own hardware division..
    04-10-14 05:44 PM
    It could soon be BlackBerry's own hardware division..
    Profit may exist but I doubt we will see the Phoenix rise again. Blackberry is going to become something else.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-14 05:58 PM
    Google releases developer guidelines for Project Ara's modular parts | MobileSyrup.com
    look at this link...you can see that you may integrate qwerty keyboards to your phone...i think that will be a big deal ! BB have to do something so people don't leave.
    04-10-14 09:20 PM
    Profit may exist but I doubt we will see the Phoenix rise again. Blackberry is going to become something else.

Posted via CB10
    What are you talking about?

@BruvvaPete :Channel: C0012176F. Live well
    04-10-14 09:45 PM
    What are you talking about?

BlackBerry won't return to its former glory.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-14 09:54 PM

Posted via CB10
    Naysayers. ;-)

Selling 50mill smartphones seems within reach. During the glory days, by far not as many smartphones were sold as there are sold now, because the market itself has grown massively.

If you're saying the same marketshare, you will probably be right.

"No Q10?" -> "Buy from Chen... "
    04-10-14 11:16 PM
    Posted via CB10
    People claimed the same when Apple was in major debt and was close to bankruptcy. People have also been claiming BB has been dying for 3+ years now.

Luckily we're used to that kind of jibberish. Move on, friend. Your thoughts are outdated.

04-16-14 09:37 PM
    Luckily we're used to that kind of jibberish. Move on, friend. Your thoughts are outdated.
    Outdated? My goodness, has BlackBerry already completed their epic return and we missed it?

It would be great to see BlackBerry make a comeback, but it is *far* from certain that they ever will. So, skepticism is hardly outdated, is it?

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    04-16-14 09:49 PM
    google will trash this product.. they only make things that track you and sell your information to advertisers. this is just another PR project that i will go nowhere.
    04-16-14 10:00 PM
    Op, technically, it might be a bit challenge. See "Why Snap-Together Cell Phones Will Never Work - Scientific American" last Nov issue. Let's see if Google can pull it off.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-14 11:44 PM
    No skepticism is not outdated but the 5s is. Can't believe people still use that thing.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-14 12:57 AM
    Outdated? My goodness, has BlackBerry already completed their epic return and it?...
    How long did it take for Apple to rebound after being on the brink of filing Chapter 11, being grossly in debt, and getting saved by Microsoft?

Again, it's been 3+ that people have been announcing the epic death of BlackBerry. Yes, your thoughts are outdated, much like the stale Apple juice.

04-17-14 09:13 AM
    How long did it take for Apple to rebound after being on the brink of filing Chapter 11, being grossly in debt, and getting saved by Microsoft?

Again, it's been 3+ that people have been announcing the epic death of BlackBerry. Yes, your thoughts are outdated, much like the stale Apple juice.
    People love to look at the Apple example, but that's a very rare case. Look at Kodak or DEC as other examples of companies that once dominated their industries, then fell and never made it back. The fact that Apple pulled off a miracle doesn't automatically mean that every single big company that has fallen on hard times will magically emerge from this a few years later.

My point is it is possible for BlackBerry to turn things around. That is absolutely true. I hope they find a way back. I'm sure almost everyone here feels that way. I think with the right leadership and skills and a little luck they can do it.

Is it assured? No, not at all.

Is it likely? I would say no. But at least that is debatable, right. I wouldn't call it a comeback at all until revenue turns upward again at the very least.

BlackBerry did a nice job of buying themselves some more time by taking on some debt and slashing costs and workers. That's all good work, but it can't last until they actually stabilize revenue. Otherwise they're just slashing costs to out-run their revenue down to the ground. That's not a winning answer.

They absolutely have to find a way to sell more stuff on the order of billions in additional revenue to become a relevant player again. If and when they can find a way to do that, then I would say the comeback will be on.

TGR1 and Alex_Hong like this.
    04-17-14 09:50 AM
    No skepticism is not outdated but the 5s is. Can't believe people still use that thing.

Posted via CB10
    A guy at work just bought one, replaced his Galaxy 3. He loves it, main reason he bought it is because he has an iPad. Apple has a PLATFORM with an ECOSYSTEM. He can't believe I'm still using a BlackBerry.... I've shown him what it can do (officially and unofficially), but he liked the simple way that iOS just works and can do what most people expect it to do.

Something to be said for not making too drastic of a change all at once... just look at how that has worked out for BlackBerry and getting legacy users to embrace BB10.
    04-17-14 10:07 AM
    I heard you can snap a keyboard on it?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by VictorRight; 04-22-14 at 01:23 AM.
    04-22-14 01:11 AM
    Blackberry needs to survive only if to give consumers more choice.

Z10 on Telus
    04-22-14 02:04 AM
    Blackberry needs to survive only if to give consumers more choice.

Z10 on Telus
    Choice? In term of brand? Style? OS? App? Please explain.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-14 07:01 AM