I was reading a post on having the new Angry Birds or not on the BB10 when
    it occurred to me that the main thing i need besides games are my programs.

So what exactly are the main programs we BB lovers use on a daily basis
    and really need this on the BB10 launch?? Programs like FB, Twitter etc im sure
    will be on BB10 but what about these and others;

1. Capture It
    2. XE currency
    3. Flashlight
    4. Beweather
    5. Advance OS and LED
    6. Youversion
    7. Battery Watch

Im sure not having your important apps in BB10 will make you think twice about changing phones.
    Please share your important daily programs that you would want to work on BB10.
    10-12-12 09:48 AM
    It shows how diverse we are..
    I have not a clue what most (if not all) of those programs look like, the exception is; I use the XE website for currency conversion, but I only travel to foreign countries 1 week a month.

My uses are;
    1. BB Travel
    2. PDF's
    3. MS Office documents (doc, pps, xls)
    4. Globe News (Canada)
    5. Score (Sports)
    6. Bloomberg (Which I could use my Globe News for)

There are a lot more basics that I need other than something that can be done on a webpage. My biggest fear is that they will omit some of the things that we currently have in OS7.

P.S. If you have a BOLD, open the video camera, hit the space bar and presto, instant flashlight.. No need for an app.
    10-12-12 10:17 AM
    for me

great office suite
    great mapping (google preferably)
    Chrome would be great
    IM programs (gtalk, msn etc)
    foursquare
    log me in
    out of milk
    ibird
    mint.com
    words with friends
    tapatalk
    u verse moble
    pocket
    google voice
    car maintenance or similar
    state farm pocket agent
    golflogix of similar
    starbucks
    roboform

These are all apps i use daily or atleast weekly There are more but i already know that they will be on bb10 or the android app will work
    10-12-12 10:18 AM
    What I really need are apps to be productive either on the phone or PB. Such as
    better ways to work with MS office documents including onenote (doc's to go is basic at best and only useful for minor things)
    PTPTP VPN client,
    Maybe some apps for doing quick WiFi spectrum analysis, All kinds of them for droids
    BB Traffic is good now I don't need fancy maps but certainly any GPS performance improvement is good.
    Good MP3 player (the one on my 9800 is good but the slider is too touchy when trying to FF or RW)

I've only been mildly satisfied with my 9800/PB combo. I'm due for an upgrade in November and am leaning towards WP8 at the moment. The BB10 phone form factors really aren't getting me excited and since they pushed back the BB10 launch until who knows when, so unless they can really start showing me some real useful business productivity aside from email and how it will work better with my PB and commit to a release date it really won't matter what apps it has.
    10-12-12 10:28 AM
    What I use (almost daily if not daily):
    • BB Mobile Conferencing
    • BB Travel
    • BB Traffic
    • Google Maps
    • Social Feeds
    • Full Calendar functionality (e.g., free/busy time lookup for meeting invitees)
    • Webex
    • Keyring
    • Yammer
    • An Office Suite (docs to go)
    • Drop Box

What it needs to have to have a chance (whether I use or not):
    • Instagram
    • Pinterest
    • All the requisite games
    10-12-12 10:29 AM

What it needs to have to have a chance (whether I use or not):
    • Instagram
    • Pinterest
    • All the requisite games
    Absolutely this!

Since I use an iPod Touch as well there are a lot more apps I would like to see on BB10. I also hope they are designed a little better. For example, many of the apps on iOs are a lot more advanced and offer a lot more features than Blackberry.
    Roo Zilla likes this.
    10-12-12 11:15 AM
    i additional to all the typical app, they need unique one, or at least that take advantage of their OS. u can basically say apple and android basically same thing when u are using the same app. why would people wait for BB10 just to use the same app? they can just use it now without waiting.

Take for example chrome. Apple doesn't have that. What set it apart is you can slide from left to right, or right to left to change from tab to tab. that is a pretty good feature to have, and its convenient to change tab instead of doing it the conventional way.
    10-12-12 11:23 AM
    To me the following are essential apps, and I would love to see all of them on BB10

* Bloomberg Mobile (I use it everyday to keep track of stocks, funds, and Indices worldwide, it's a shame this is not available on the PlayBook, I'm praying for them to release an app for the new BB10, especially after knowing that new Windows phones are getting their own version of the app.

* XE Currency (I use it everyday to keep track of currencies, especially the mexican peso vs us dollar, since I make investments in USD this is a very important app to me, hopefully we will see it on BB10.

* CNBC PRO (I live the app on my Torch 9800, but it is missing more free features like on their Android app, anyway if we intend to capture business users, this is the kind of app we need to have available at launch, my guess is that this one won't come anytime soon)

* Evernote (Fantastic note-taking app, they should make use of the great UI of BB10 to revamp user experience, this is one of the best mobile apps ever, and it's imperative to have it on BB10 at launch).

* BeBuzz (or any other Advance LED control app, not much needed to explain about this)

* UberSocial (The best Twitter management client on the BlackBerry platform, they could benefit from BB10 and create a fantastic app, this is a must-have app for me on BB10 at launch)

* MLB At Bat 13 (For baseball fans this has always been a great app, It's awesome to keep track of game scores and statistics with great level of detail, also I can listen to radio broadcasts, home and away, and I really think that it's time for RIM to sign and agreement so that BlackBerry10 user can watch games on BB10, both on phones and on they PlayBook. Unfortunately If I had to bet, i'd say that we won't see this app, and If were are lucky enough to get it, we still won't be getting full tv broadcasts)

* Shazam (This a very popular app among all platforms, I use it a lot, and I am really looking forward to see it on BB10 at launch)

* One Touch Flashlight (Great app, very useful)

* Google+ (I don't think we will be getting any apps from Google, but I can dream, right?)

* ScoreMobile (This is a must-have app for sports fans, please RIM make this happen for BB10)

* ScoreMobile FC (This is a must-have app for soccer fans, please RIM make this happen for BB10)

* eBuddy XMS (This is my favourite cross-platform instant messaging app, I would love to see it on BB10 early at launch)

* WhatsApp (Not my favourite, but it's the most used cross-platform instant messaging app, and it's imperative that BB10 get's it at launch)

* BlackBerry Travel (One of my fave apps on BlackBerry, I would rock to have it available on BB10 at launch)

* BlackBerry Protect (I asume that we will get it)

* BlacBerry Traffic (RIM needs to develop this for BB10, but most important needs to make it work for the countries and markets that are saving RIM's right know, and Mexico should be included)

* Box (Already confirmed with great integration on the BB10, totally looking forward to it, since I love Box as my top cloud-bases storage online service, still enjoying my free 50GB with my PlayBook)

* DropBox (Even though I prefer and use a lot more Box, I think Dropbox it's important and it should be available on BB10 at launch, apparently there has been information that confirms there will be a dropbox app on RIM's new OS.

* Foursquare (Already confirmed for BB10)

* Twitter (Already confirmed for BB10)

* Facebook (Already confirmed for BB10)

* LinkedIn (Already confirmed for BB10)

* Instagram (I don't think we'll get it, and it is a huge deal, since it's becoming more of a social network than an app)

* Pinterest (We need this app, I think there's a chance that we could see it on BB10 at launch)

* BlackBerry Store (Please release the Music and Video store in markets like Mexico, if RIM only offers that service in the US, Canada and UK they are doomed)

* GeeReader (Google Reader Client)

* Maps application, (native or not)

I don't really care about Skype or Netflix, but this is a great sample of the apps that would make my transition to BB10 easier and happier.
    howarmat likes this.
    10-12-12 01:57 PM