How do i ...for instance i want to create a profile named family where only
    people in my family can reach me phone ,text,sms,email( hearing a tone) but everyone else is silent,,,meaning if anyone else try's to reach me ..be it phone email or text will be silent...
    03-22-09 10:20 PM
    Give this a shot. Works for me

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...contact-48275/

On the step where you add people from the contact list you can just keep adding names by pushing the trackball again to add (add name) another contact, repeat as necessary to form the group.
    03-22-09 10:23 PM
    Profiles are great! One of my favorite things about my BlackBerry. And don't even get me started on the 3rd party app, Profiler! :-D

Chris

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-23-09 01:29 AM
    thank you for the reply but my question is not answered
    i know how to set profiles...i have done a few
    but i cant figure out how to set just family to reach me and not anyone else...like if i set it to normal everyone can reach me with a ring tone
    i want to be able to set it to silent and only family can reach me with a ring tone that i can hear and everyone else be silent .
    03-23-09 04:32 PM
    thank you for the reply but my question is not answered
    i know how to set profiles...i have done a few
    but i cant figure out how to set just family to reach me and not anyone else...like if i set it to normal everyone can reach me with a ring tone
    i want to be able to set it to silent and only family can reach me with a ring tone that i can hear and everyone else be silent .
    If you set your profile to Normal that will not do what you want. You need to create profile exceptions for those you want to be notified for. Set that exception to a profile (like Normal or create a family profile with how you want the alerts set) for each exception.
    03-23-09 04:38 PM
    If you set your profile to Normal that will not do what you want. You need to create profile exceptions for those you want to be notified for. Set that exception to a profile (like Normal or create a family profile with how you want the alerts set) for each exception.
    Ahh, yes, that's it whs. The OP just needs to make exceptions to the profiles. Geez, you learn something new every day.
    03-23-09 04:49 PM
    Ahh yes post 2 describes how to set up exceptions, they work fine
    03-23-09 05:47 PM
    Ahh yes post 2 describes how to set up exceptions, they work fine
    Well played, Tre... Well played.
    03-23-09 05:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD