Today I had a weird experience Ive never had before. My phone (8330 running 4.5.0.138) rang and my device used an unfamiliar notification tone instead of the custom .mp3 that I assigned to the PHONE category in all my audible profiles. After the call, I went into Advanced Settings of Profiles and sure enough my PHONE was reassigned to one of the included BB tones. I decided to look at other categories: CALENDAR, an EMAIL account, SMS....and I noticed that those too were no longer associated to the tones I had selected. My device was not low on memory, I haven't installed or uninstalled anything recently. I just spent 15 minutes putting my profiles back the way I like them.

Has anyone else ever had their BlackBerry do this? Not only do I find it strange, but I'm hoping that my BlackBerry is not developing alzheimers!!

ALB
    06-23-09 06:10 PM
    I know this is known issue with .160, so it isn't hard to believe that it is a problem with .138 as well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-09 06:28 PM
    Load this hybrid on your 8330 to fix the problem:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/hyb...-131-a-242109/

As mentioned in the first post, the Profiles .cod files from .131 are used to fix the problem with Profiles crashes.

You don't really need to wipe with JL Commander. That will make the install a little easier.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-09 06:36 PM
    Ahhhh, so it IS a known issue related to the OS. Thanks guys. I didn't post this in the 83xx forum because I didn't think it was an exclusive problem to the device. Up until today, I really thought .138 was the best OS I've had on my device to date. I know it was missing the call-timer, but I could live with that. heh

I'll give the hybrid a try - thank you!

ALB
    06-23-09 08:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD