I feel almost ashamed to admit this...but for the last three days, I have not been a BlackBerry user. I started to feel "bored" with the lack of real HTML email display, smallish screen, and "normal" keypad and navigation of my 8310 Curve...and when an amazing deal on a new Apple iPhone came up...I once again jumped into the iPhone-pond (I have had two iPhones in the past).

But...it only took me a few days to realize that the iPhone simply isn't the phone for me. Yes, the "cool-factor" is still huge, and you have to hand it to Apple for giving the iPhone the greatest display and user experience ever...but the "laggy" performance and the amazingly frustrating virtual keypad made me long for my BlackBerry.

I suddenly got a revelation as to why I appreciated my BlackBerry so much in the first place...why I came back to BlackBerry after almost a year of wandering aimlessly in the "smartphone-desert"...and using many much more expensive devices.

The BlackBerry just simply works.

I can use it easily with one hand when I'm driving (a total catastrophe with the iPhone). I can dial a number from my contact list, a text message or an email (not on an iPhone). The earpiece volume, ringer volume and message alerts are loud and clear (not on the iPhone). I can type quickly and easily with two thumbs on the BB and not make mistakes (not at all the case on the iPhone). The reception and signal-capture is awesome (spotty at best on the iPhone). And...the information/user network for the BlackBerry far exceeds that of the iPhone.

I am glad though, that I got a chance to get the iPhone out of my system once and for all. The grass is not greener...

As of today...I'm back to my 8310 and loving it!

I'm very content and satisfied to be back in the CrackBerry camp once again!!
    Last edited by davistld01; 02-06-08 at 09:52 AM.
    02-06-08 09:49 AM
    Welcome home buddy.
    02-06-08 10:09 AM
    Welcome back, we will forgive you that indiscretion.
    02-06-08 10:22 AM
    3 strikes your out! Get Go On! lol
    02-06-08 10:27 AM
    Yes, davistld01, I've been there, and done that! Mine lasted a week...
    02-06-08 10:47 AM
    and you can get the bbsmart viewer to see your emails in html format, but welcome back! i thought the sidekick was the best device before i had my purpleberry!! now theres no turning back lolol
    02-06-08 10:54 AM
    and you can get the bbsmart viewer to see your emails in html format, but welcome back! i thought the sidekick was the best device before i had my purpleberry!! now theres no turning back lolol
    Wait a little while for OS v4.5
    02-06-08 11:00 AM
    Welcome back. Didn't take long

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-06-08 11:21 AM
    I've often wondered about getting an iphone, but I really don't feel like switching networks. Since ice had by BB I have not felt that urge at all. I really love my BB to, and think that ill be a BB user for the rest of my life.

02-06-08 12:27 PM
    Welcome back

02-06-08 12:33 PM
    Davis... Bet you didn't feel that kind of love over on the iphone forum!
    02-06-08 12:34 PM
    Davis... Bet you didn't feel that kind of love over on the iphone forum!
    Truth.

I have found that, without stereotyping, most of the regulars on the iPhone forums on other large online forums (like Howardforums.com) are either juveniles...or Apple-fanboys that behave in a juvenile manner. Most are so hung up on their iPhones and Apple products as a whole that they instantly gang-up and attack any posters who, in any way critisize their beloved iPhones or hint that it might not be the God-send that they think it is.

BlackBerry users, for the most part are more mature in their behaviorisms and manner...truly a breath of fresh air.
    02-06-08 12:50 PM
    Wow. That makes me feel a great deal better. I may even have to change my signature. Thank you for posting this.

Anne

02-06-08 04:05 PM
    I'll just ignore the whole driving and typing subject to say WELCOME BACK!
    02-06-08 10:49 PM
    A big WELCOME back!!

Keep spreading the word, and continue to enjoy the features that BlackBerrys are known for. Especially the reliability, stability, ease of use, and PUSH e-mail, etc.

Keep on Crackin',

- CB
    02-06-08 11:12 PM
    What a really stupid, idiotic, immature response to a completely genuine and mature concern. It was a driver just like you that was on her phone, DIALING HER PHONE, that slammed into my 18 year old niece, head on, and now she is a quadraplegic. She was in a coma for 3 weeks, and has brain damage. She can do nothing for herself. Can't even say three words! And she was on her way to college to become a doctor. Her dream? To be a oncologist. The other driver died instantly, as well as her front passenger. Passenger in the back survived, and that's how the police knew the driver was dialing her phone. That response was so bully like.
    I am sorry for this situation, and the injuries to your neice. However, I do believe that you need to take a deep breath...and realize that I'm not the bad guy, nor am I a bully. Nor, am I just like the driver that caused the accident. I am a very safe driver, and would never do anything to endanger anyone else. Frankly, I have never had a single accident and have a spotless driving record...and at 49-years old, I have been doing it a while. Perhaps my "road warrior" line was a vain attempt at humor...but nothing more.

To label me just because I use my mobile phone while I drive, would be to label the vast majority of American drivers today. Should we all have bluetooth, hands-free auto kits...probably. But, we don't. That's life.

Now...can we just get along?
    02-07-08 05:56 PM
    Up in New York a Democrat State you can't talk on the phone and drive. The Government decided that citizens didn't need that priveledge.

If a person can pay attention to what their doing and talk on the phone. I could care less how they do it.

It good to hear I don't need to waste my time wondering about the I-Phone.

Thanks for the report.......
    02-07-08 08:37 PM
    Okay guys, let us not crap this thread. I have deleted some of the post and will move some that talks about driving. Open up a new thread if you must and I will move some of the "driving discussion" over to that new thread. Sounds good enough?

I like reading thoughts from those who "cheated" the Addiction and brave enough to say that it was a big mistake to even think it in the first place. So let's stay on topic.
    02-08-08 11:01 AM
    Welcome back! I thought about the iPhone when shopping for a new phone a few months ago. I got the BB Pearl instead (my first BB) and I've been so happy with it I've forgotten all about the iPhone.

02-09-08 02:07 PM
    Now we've moved on and I hope we're all friends again!!

02-09-08 02:10 PM
    Now that we've moved on I hope we can all be friends again!

02-09-08 02:14 PM
    Welcome Back from the dark side...........

Just keep one eye on the the road when driving and typing!
    02-09-08 02:23 PM
    A guy at work has an eyefone, and it seems very cool. I surely wouldn't say no if someone wants to give me one, but it would only be a media player to save my curve battery for my "important" stuff ;-_

02-09-08 04:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD