It is pretty easy to find a side by side feature comparison of two different Blackberry devices. It's not so easy however to compare things that matter to me like processor speed and internal memory. I could spend a month researching but I was hoping some users here would have the answers.

If you wouldn't mind plugging in the data that you know in this form I would really appreciate it. I'll leave it up as on on-going work in progress. There's no need to save the document. Saving will be done automatically. Thanks for your time.

I like to see how these devices evolve. I also like others to see what they are really upgrading from/to when they jump from one device to another. Most comparison sites only compare features - not processors/RAM

Thanks,

Roc
    Last edited by rocco225; 01-18-10 at 02:33 PM.
    01-18-10 02:27 PM
    1) the 9000 was never released on T-Mobile in the USA
    2) Blackberry's web site already does this
    BlackBerry - BlackBerry | Wireless Handheld Devices, Software & Services from Research In Motion (RIM)

looks good and nice idea....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-18-10 02:31 PM
    I didn't see processor speed anywhere in the RIM chart but I did find it helpful for onboard memory. Thanks!
    01-18-10 02:36 PM
    I also don't find any technical info on BB's site, it's mostly marketing type info. If you want more details, some good sites are phonewreck.com and gsmarena (although with this one, double check everything you find somewhere else).

One post I really loved is here, in 2 parts:

phoneWreck � BlackBerry Curve 8900 – Review and Teardown

and

BlackBerry Curve 8900 - phoneWreck
    01-18-10 02:38 PM
    I didn't see processor speed anywhere in the RIM chart but I did find it helpful for onboard memory. Thanks!
    That because even though they are both made to be 624mhrz chips the 9700's is faster than the bold's....

As far as the processor is concerned, we reported that the Bold 9700 was sporting an 800MHz capable CPU. RIM�s official specs say it�s a 624MHz processor, but we think it might be a newer model than what the original Bold had
    from BlackBerry Bold 9700 Review: Part 2 � Boy Genius Report

01-18-10 02:43 PM
    Here you go: PDAdb.net - Comprehensive Database of PDA, PDA Phone, Smartphone, PNA & Mobile Device Specifications

Enjoy!
    01-18-10 02:51 PM
    Thanks to amazinglygraceless for completing much of the form. There's still plenty of blanks that need filled out. Please take a look and see if you might be able to plug some values in. It only takes a minute.

Roc
    01-20-10 05:38 AM
    That because even though they are both made to be 624mhrz chips the 9700's is faster than the bold's....

from BlackBerry Bold 9700 Review: Part 2 � Boy Genius Report

I've read where both the 8530 & 9630 have "256 MB flash memory and 528 MHz next generation processor for enhanced performance".
    01-23-10 09:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD