Hey guys !!

Just can not activated the wifi and bluetooh at my 8520. got a red X next to it
    I do have a 8520wifiM_PBr4.6.1_rel465_PL4.2.0.135_A4.6.1.314 device software and data conection working on the phone now. I can go to internet, msn live, bb messenger.. all the aplication tru bis.

I did all this stuff before posting !!!

Used a crackutil (remove policy) nothing
    wipe the handhelp ... nothing
    Downgrade ...nothing
    Upgrade...nothig
    Used desktop manager to remove policy...(policy.bin) nothing
    Pull out the battery .......nothing

im out of ideas !!! help... f1.... f1....

Does you guys have and idea what else to do !! ?? Please

best regards..
    Last edited by netmessys; 02-02-10 at 08:34 PM.
    02-02-10 08:29 PM
    So if you try to switch on either WiFi or BT, nothing happens at all? Do I understand you right?

If you press the BB button in the connections app, and choose "Status" what does it say?

I don't believe it's a policy thing anyway, but that's my guts speaking.
    02-03-10 03:53 PM
    Said

Mobile voice status available
    conection mobile network
    BIS movile network
    BES no conected

movile network EDGE
    movile provider ORANGE

wifi network active profile no conected
    SSID no conected
    type no conected
    bluetooh of

I can not put the wifi actived or get a site scan... and bluetooh can be on no mater what.

best regard
    02-03-10 09:34 PM
    WiFi is active and working, it's just not connected to a network.

Make sure your BB is registered with the network (you can do this using your router software), easiest would be if your router accepts connect requests automatically. Also, make sure that your WiFi network is set to visible. I had trouble to connect to hidden networks. (Alcatel W716 router)

You can use the WiFi Wizard in the setup folder (the one with the wheel on it), it should run you through the necessary steps easily enough.

Concerning BT: you say "can be on no matter what". So you can turn it on or not?

If you can, your "problem" may be that BB uses a different (secure) BT transfer procedure than what you might be used to from other devices. BB's never accept incoming BT transfers automatically. You have to set them into receiving mode, else it would not work.
    02-04-10 01:19 AM
    It can not be activated either wifi or BT.
    When i try to do a scan network cant be activated,cant no discover any... not even adding a network manually. I did set my router with no secure at all, and the ssid visible also.

I did try to setup true the wizar.. manually..nothing.. cant be activate...the wifi radio.

BT can not be put on enable mode in order to serch for device or adding.. etc..

best regards.
    02-04-10 10:25 AM
    Hi

I can not connect my bb bt to my azus eee pad bt , it pairs but does not connect , unlike the nokia c3 it pairs and connects once tapped , please advise

Regards,

Q.
    08-18-11 02:06 PM
    Hello,

Please help me, I am having problems connecting to wifi and/or BT, its been a month Im trying to fix, but with no result.

I have a BB8520
    OS v4.6.1.314
    Platform 4.2.0.135

Let me tell you what I did and what happened:

- Completely Wiped the BB and installed same OS (above) with crackutil, did a wipe device apps - wipe device file system - reset IT policy.

After rebooting, the BB connected to wifi AND BT, but then after a reboot (battery pull), no more wifi or BT. this means that the hardware is OK and it's definitely a software issue.

I went through many topics in this forum and applied many options changing but nothing.

Please help me.
    08-21-11 11:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD